Amazon.com Interview Questions in Nevada

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.3

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Reno, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

I was hired on the spot without being asked any questions, I just had to prove I could read and identify pictures. Then I had to pass a dug and background check.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions   1 Answer

Outbound Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amazon.com (Reno, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

It was thru Intercity Staffing Solutions. They take anyone for the peak holiday season as long as you pass the drug and back ground check.

Negotiation

No negotiations it was just an hourly pay

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

I'm not from a very well-known school and my GPA isn't that great either, but I applied and sent them my résumé anyway. Got an email back two days later setting up an interview. It was two 45 minute phone interviews, back to back with a 15 minute break in between. Both of my interviewers had thick Indian accents and talked very fast, but they were nice, and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asked general computer science topics (Describe a hash table, etc.) Didn't ask any behavioral questions, or anything about my résumé. Had two coding questions:

1) Given a Binary Search Tree, print out the median value. If there is an even number of nodes, print the average of the two middles.

2) Given a Genealogy Tree, print out the tree, row by row.
      For example:

Output would be:
      Dave
      Michael Sarah
      Joe Alex Sam Tom

The questions weren't very hard, but I nearly ran out of time because I couldn't understand them. I spent a lot of time just trying to understand what they were asking for. They asked about the time and space complexities of everything I was doing. After I finished the second question, he gave me another problem with it. Asked if there would be a way where you get stuck in an infinite loop, and how to fix it.

Also, they allowed me to choose which language I was more comfortable with. I used Java.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2012.

Interview

Great Phone interview. Got a call 2 weeks later to come in for an on site interview. Impressive tour of the facility and explanation of their processes. Everything seemed to be well organized. Had three one-on-one interviews with HR and ops managers. Thought I did well. I guess I asked too many questions about the Area Manager turnover that is listed here on Glassdoor. I think it scared them away.

Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after applying online through Amazon. Recruiter was very friendly and asked questions regarding my experience. Just CV review in my opinion. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for later in the week. The operations manager asked me a line of pretty standard screening questions. It was very 2-way in nature, conversational. I was impressed. It was left that the recruiter would be getting back to me, either way. I was called by the recruiter the next day saying that i would be conducting face to face interviews the following week.

I showed up to the fulfillment center and was directed to a conference room. in the room was another candidate. we chatted for a bit and then we were asked to complete a math flow problem regarding staffing requirements with a few constraints. not too challenging. but i struggled to see the connection of that problem to my role as a training manger.

2 panel interviews; one with the ops manager and hr and the other was with the plant manager and, via conference call, a network training manager. the ops/hr consisted of them reading questions from a 3 ring binder. very "test" like behavioral question with very little response/followup. complete opposite of the phone screen. I come from a very different industry (bio/pharma) and i we use the same terms for very different meanings. I feel that i didn't communicate a few things to their requirements due to the serious nature of certain words; i.e. "audit". the plant manager/training was reserved for discussing your math flow question and some ethical scenarios. about 15 minutes was left for standard behavioral questions.

Everyone was very professional and friendly. It was a little weird being put in a room with your competition for about 10 minutes prior to the start of the interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

The initial phase consisted of a phone interview from a recruiter in the Seattle office followed by another phone interview from an Operations manager located in the Las Vegas Office. I was then flown out to Phoenix, Arizona a day before the interview. The hotel and rental car was paid for because it was some pretty good driving. Also Amazon paid for any other travel related expenses. Anyway, the next day had to drive to the Amazon fulfillment center which was pretty new and still growing but was the biggest building I have ever been in. I have an industrial background so that says a lot. The interview started off with a two algebraic questions and was given a very short time to answer and I could tell all of the interviewees were stumbling! Next was a field trip of the building with an Area Manager and we were allowed to ask as many questions as we wanted. This was followed by three interviews with two of them consisting of two people and the last with one person (HR Manager). This company is all about culture and if they feel you don't fit in you will not be offered employment. What I found frustrating is that they keep asking you the same questions over and over again and its like how many times do you need to hear the same answers. If you are not answering the questions according to how they feel you should then the attitudes start to change. At the end of about 4 hours I was told that I would receive a call the next Tuesday which never came. I sent them an e-mail again expressing my interest in the job and received a call the next day stating that I had not been extended an offer. Now this is the kicker, I have years of experience managing a workforce and an environment ten times the stress any work day at Amazon could cause. I also possess a degree in Business Management but experience and education was not much of a concern. I even asked the HR Manager does Amazon encourage further learner (hence continuous personal growth and development) and her answer was no! What company doesn't not want to encourage further growth whether professionally or personally.....On top of this the day I flew home Amazon booked my flight so I had to sit in the airport for 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On an ending note, obviously none of the other candidates were offered the position because just a few weeks ago the re-posted the position on all of the major job sites. So I guess they feel its good business since to spend the resources in human hours and money going through candidate after candidate in order to find a perfect fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• It was continuously asked to describe examples of continuous improvement   Answer Question
    • Continuously asked about different ways in past employment that consisted of lean management, six sigma, kazan and to give examples of what you did in prior situations to improve the process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Reno, NV) in October 2010.

Interview

the interview started with the recruiter and she was basically intrested how I was a leader and my current/previous job. she was very laid back, talkative and appreciative during our conversation. Try to keep your answers short. they are looking for innovators in process management.

Interview Questions

• math problem with that included alloting different people on a given shift.   1 Answer
    • what kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating, it didnt work because it is an entry level position. GREAT benefits though, cant complian.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernley, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Fernley, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online to an opening listed the Amazon website. Submitted resume on a Friday email from a recruiter on Monday to set up a phone interview with an Sr. Ops Mgr. later that week. Following the phone interview I was invited for on site interviews. Once on site: 1. Facility safety overview 2. Operations related math problem 3. Tour 4. Two panel style interviews. One panel was very heavy situation / tell me about a time type questions. The other was about speaking to and understanding operations metrics and explaining the operations related math problem on the white board with major focus on how you arrived at your answers.

Before the on site visit and interviews: You will be asked to sign a non-disclosure form and to answer some case studies. You'll also get an expense report and a direct deposit form. The hotel will be direct billed to Amazon.

On site: The site I visited was very... very... very casual. It's easy to feel overdressed. Shorts and T-shirts and Polo's are the norm.

A Senior Recruiter called the day after my on site interview to recap the interviews, answer any additional questions and to present an offer.

Interview Questions

• The operations math problem... just take your time and think it all the way through.

I've seen some examples on here of the math problem however they're not the same as I had. Just be ready to look at units to move, hours and head count needed to do it.

1 Answer
    • How do / did you motivate your team.

What innovations or improvements have you made in your organization.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate however I was able to round up a little. The over all attitude was great and it didn't hurt to ask however... they put together a surprisingly solid offer to begin with.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernley, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Fernley, NV) in March 2009.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Once that was completed, if selected, you move on to an in person interview. You are given three scenarios that you have to come up with a solution to. Those are presented to the interview panel, along with your resume. After the interview, you wait for them to call you back for the drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• "Explain why you are no longer with your former employer"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.