Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Three step interview process. Went through all three interview on campus. Very laid back and casual. The interviews did not really give a good idea of what a summer with Amazon would look like, so be sure to have done your research before applying. There are two case questions to answer, but if you know about little's law you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Two case questions that involved math and were fairly easy   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Very fast-paced, the process all together took about a week or two. Since I lived far from any of the offices, the whole process was conducted on the phone and online. I had a total of 3 interviews over the phone, first with a member of HR, then 2 with area managers. Everyone was very nice, and it was an extremely enjoyable experience where I learned a lot. I am beyond excited to start my internship.

Interview Question – There was an online math problem about placing employees in various jobs based on hourly rates of picking, packing, and shipping. Very difficult at first, but made me really apply myself and I learned a lot.   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and visited at a career fair. Got an email a few months later inviting me to take an online interview where I would be recorded. The interview was 7 questions that are pretty basic and an easy math flow problem, a calculator helps. I was then invited to a second round of phone interviews with two different managers asking me pretty standard interview questions again. The second one involved explaining the reasoning behind the math flow question and some ethical questions.

Interview Question – Ethical behavior questions. Be very strict with your response.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The sent an offer letter stating how much I would be paid and benefits.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operation Leadership Intern Interview

Operation Leadership Intern
State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Applied through the university website and received an email after a week for an interview.
I interviewed two days after they gave a call giving me an offer.

Interview Question – 4 Basic questions

What would you do if your employees are not following a standardise procedure?
Why do you want to work for amazon?
Math problem?ask the recruiter to explain well the problems in order they see how you interact with them

Understand the leadership principles
Be yourself and relax
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy they email me the offer and I signed the contract and set it bacn

Leadership Operations Intern Interview

Leadership Operations Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I applied online with a resume but not a cover letter. Received an email around 2 weeks later saying that I was to be given an interview. It was an online interview where you recorded your answers and I was given about a week to complete it. It involved 7 questions and you were given up to 3 minutes to answer each.

Interview Question – Calculate units per week   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – One initial phone interview that lasted around thirty minutes. About a week later, I was told I would need to complete a math case study, and would be scheduled for two back to back phone interviews. The math flow question was not particularly difficult, they were mainly interested in seeing how you approached and solved the problem, not necessarily your answer. The first of the phone interviewers, an Area Manager, asked me to explain my thought process for the math question, and for the rest of the call focused on a more behavioral case study. The second phone interview was another Area Manager, who asked pretty standard "tell me about a time" behavioral questions.

Interview Question – A large case study question in which I was asked how, as a manager I would react to a certain unethical activity. As I responded, the situation was changed around in different ways and was then asked to explain how my behavior would change. Not extremely difficult, but definitely requires being able to understand the rules of a company and how a manager should properly treat his or her employees   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Interviewed on Campus with a two person panel. Heard back from the recruiter a week later who informed me that they were incline to hire me.

Interview Question – Know how to calculate UPH (Units Per Hour) and the process flow of warehouses.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my university with my resume, asked to interview on campus. The interview consisted of two 45 minute parts. The first was primarily case based where they asked about some work flow situations and how you would handle some management situations. The second portion was all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Work flow question giving you details on production needed to be done and asking you how to best staff 15 employees to finish three different jobs if each of the different jobs has different requirements as far as people needed and time it takes to complete.   Answer Question

Leadership Operations Intern Interview

Leadership Operations Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – This was for an internship in their fulfillment center. The interview occurred during Spring semester on campus. There were two 1:1 interviews that lasted approximately 30 minutes each. There was a different interviewer for both. Most questions that were asked were behavioral or situational. Of course, you should know the company background as well as the job background. Experience with distribution would definitely help.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. They were more like basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received the offer fairly quick. Given a few weeks to accept.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!