Amazon.com

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round was relatively easy with two 30 min interviews. Basic questions such as "give me an example of a time." Went very quickly and interviewers were very conversational. Heard back the same day for second round interviews.

Second round was stressful with two 45 min interviews. First interview seemed designed to make me uncomfortable. Interviewer really dug into my answers to each question. First he was looking for high level insights like big or crazy ideas that I proposed in the past. Next he wanted to evaluate my leadership style. Overall he was looking for honest, straightforward, "no-BS" responses.

Second interview was two small case questions related to fulfillment center locations and general network frameworks (hub & spoke, distributed, hybrid). I was caught a bit off guard by these questions since they were very different from typical case questions I had practiced. I was expecting something about internal fulfillment center operations or evaluating an existing process. Be ready to explain Amazon's current fulfillment center network and what it could be in the future with predictive customer order models and new modes of delivery (e.g. drones).

Interview Question – "What's the biggest or craziest idea you've proposed to a manager"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for an internship.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Operations Manager Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.