Amazon.com Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.5

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Telephonic round followed by 5 face to face rounds then again telephonic round .. complete process took close to a month .. overall it was a good experience and worth the time as its a great company to work for..

Interview Questions

• Questions are around the 14 principle. They try to gauge you basis that and see if you are a fit. Go through those principles and prepare situations from your past where in you demonstrated those principle while handling those situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Phone screening + 5 interviews 1:1 in a hotel for a whole day with other candidates. Math problem included. Very intense every single interview where following the STAR pattern to describe professional experience helps during the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Experience based in Amazon leadership principles   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview, which involved several behavioral questions and a math question. Two days later, I was invited to participate in on-site interviews. All expenses were covered. The onsite interviews consisted of four interviews, three with operations/senior operations managers and one with an HR manager. Candidates were also asked about a written sample they had provided earlier and another math question, which they complete before interviews begin. The interviewers were courteous and helpful and the atmosphere non-threatening. There were several candidates going through interviews at the same time, but all interviews were conducted on-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with opposition to a decision you had made. How did you overcome it?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screener and panel interview conducted by a former operations manager with Amazon. Gentlemen was very knowledgeable and appreciated well thought out questions regarding my fit as a candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• background scenario based questions and basic math skills. Advance question of a case study requires written response   1 Answer

Operation Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was not difficult but the manager who interviewed is big on managerial/supervisory question. I didn't have a lot experience doing supervisory tasks. My experience is handling/managing operation and working with a team and not as a direct manager. Math question is easy, same question posted here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

First a phone screen. It's simple. Read about the culture of the company first. Panel interviews were awkward. In a room with several other candidates interviewing at the same time. Again. All personal experiences need to relate to company culture outlined on website. HR, Finance and Operations all took stabs at you. Some showed absolutely no interest while others were happy to meet you. One work flow problem that was broken down by finance. Most important to have a logical way of thinking about it rather than getting the answer. It's ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER

Interview Questions

• Tell me a way that you showed innovation to make a process simpler.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Operations & Military Recruiter @Amazon. After I confirmed that I was interested I provided him my resume. About 1-2 weeks later, I received a Phone Interview Confirmation email from a Recruiting Coordinator - Amazon Worldwide Operations Talent Acquisition. I was given a 30-minute time window and was to be interviewed by an actual Operations Manager a Fulfillment Center. I dialed into the Conference Room & entered a Security Code that verified I was in the correct area. I dialed in 5 minutes early and was the only one there. I waited for 48 minutes, and individual that was to interview me never dialed in. But at the 55 minute mark, someone did join the room. Another candidate. I exited the call and dialed the Recruiting Coordinator, but no answer. So I emailed her. I have yet to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• N/A-never occurred...So I put "Interview Difficulty as Very Difficult" due to frustration that my interviewer never showed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Tacoma, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had multiple emails from multiple recruiters stating that "another" associate would email the time and date for the initial phone interview. Finally received the initial phone interview from an Amazon Senior Operations employee almost half my age. Although the questions where scripted and to the point, the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and somewhat unmoved by the dynamic answers I was responding with. After a week I was sent another scripted email stating they where thankful but where moving in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you where in charge of a group and failed at your task?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted with a day to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was very informational and pleasant. The position was first described in greater detail, behavior based questions were asked and the opportunity to ask questions was given before closing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Share a situation where you made a wrong decision that ultimately lead to a failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Structured and well planned. The organization is great for military veteran seeking quality and measurable program. Make sure you follow up and make a sincere effort to show your interest. Getting a job requires you show some strong and solid effort to be part of this amazing organization. I look forward to being part of this well established organization. Excellent

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an event where you had no control but was able to recommend change?   Answer Question