Amazon.com Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Phone screening + 5 interviews 1:1 in a hotel for a whole day with other candidates. Math problem included. Very intense every single interview where following the STAR pattern to describe professional experience helps during the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Experience based in Amazon leadership principles   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screener and panel interview conducted by a former operations manager with Amazon. Gentlemen was very knowledgeable and appreciated well thought out questions regarding my fit as a candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• background scenario based questions and basic math skills. Advance question of a case study requires written response   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

First a phone screen. It's simple. Read about the culture of the company first. Panel interviews were awkward. In a room with several other candidates interviewing at the same time. Again. All personal experiences need to relate to company culture outlined on website. HR, Finance and Operations all took stabs at you. Some showed absolutely no interest while others were happy to meet you. One work flow problem that was broken down by finance. Most important to have a logical way of thinking about it rather than getting the answer. It's ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER

Interview Questions

• Tell me a way that you showed innovation to make a process simpler.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Operations & Military Recruiter @Amazon. After I confirmed that I was interested I provided him my resume. About 1-2 weeks later, I received a Phone Interview Confirmation email from a Recruiting Coordinator - Amazon Worldwide Operations Talent Acquisition. I was given a 30-minute time window and was to be interviewed by an actual Operations Manager a Fulfillment Center. I dialed into the Conference Room & entered a Security Code that verified I was in the correct area. I dialed in 5 minutes early and was the only one there. I waited for 48 minutes, and individual that was to interview me never dialed in. But at the 55 minute mark, someone did join the room. Another candidate. I exited the call and dialed the Recruiting Coordinator, but no answer. So I emailed her. I have yet to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• N/A-never occurred...So I put "Interview Difficulty as Very Difficult" due to frustration that my interviewer never showed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Tacoma, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had multiple emails from multiple recruiters stating that "another" associate would email the time and date for the initial phone interview. Finally received the initial phone interview from an Amazon Senior Operations employee almost half my age. Although the questions where scripted and to the point, the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and somewhat unmoved by the dynamic answers I was responding with. After a week I was sent another scripted email stating they where thankful but where moving in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you where in charge of a group and failed at your task?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted with a day to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was very informational and pleasant. The position was first described in greater detail, behavior based questions were asked and the opportunity to ask questions was given before closing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Share a situation where you made a wrong decision that ultimately lead to a failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Structured and well planned. The organization is great for military veteran seeking quality and measurable program. Make sure you follow up and make a sincere effort to show your interest. Getting a job requires you show some strong and solid effort to be part of this amazing organization. I look forward to being part of this well established organization. Excellent

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an event where you had no control but was able to recommend change?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick. If you have the skills they are looking for, you can get hired and start within 2 weeks. The company is always hiring. Continuous improvement experience is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Very long interview process. 5 interviews in a row. First interview asks math questions. Questions are often geared to trip you up. I was well prepared, but the entire culture of the place didn't seem right. From the very start it seemed artificial. Furthermore, it was very prison like. There is a security gate where you go through a metal detector. There are no cell phones or any other devices allowed in the building. No places for employees to break. The day started out with me observing a "pep rally".

I was ready for the interview, I thought I had good rapport, but in the end I thought even if I was offered a position, I might be reluctant to take it. I have spoken to many people who all have reported from worker to management, it is run like a sweatshop.

Interview Questions

• In what way did you invent a new process or procedure to improve your last company or organization?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Phone interview less than 30 min, have been invited to personal interview. Questions in line with amazon principles, basic math flow question that you have to answer while interviewer waits. I had three questions, got the initial math question correct and follow up math question as well. Interviewer was pleasant and personable.