Amazon.com Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

3.5

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview process too long and tedious, it took around 2 months to finally arrive to the last interview. With the hiring objectives not very clear , interviews conducted in eventuality of an post being created. It was an interview for and Operations Manager post, and people recruited for the post of Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
  • An scenario to test the integrity and flexibility while dealing with on job operational relationship with governmental agencies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Operations Manager Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted via email by a recruiter/hiring manager. Answered a couple of preliminary questions - most people you have ever led/managed, willingness to relocate, etc. Reviewed the links provided that gave background on their fulfillment centers operations. Set up follow-on phone interview which consisted of multiple behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult, but you need to be very specific in your responses. Interviewer wasn't particularly interested in leadership philosophy as much as how exactly it was applied.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Standard interview process. Did my best to impress. Nearly all the young interviewees were offered positions with the company. Looks like you'll work long hours and it will be difficult. Would be interesting to know what most Area/Ops Managers that remain with the company are doing 5 years after hire.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Just starting process

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I went through a series of emails, I then was asked to do an interview into a webcam n my computer. My responses were recorded then saved for someone to view at a later date. Three weeks later I was contacted by a different HR person and she set up a phone interview with an operations manager from Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about Amazons Leadership dimensions. The a couple math questions (same questions found on glass door.com)   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

As describe in the different interview process, I had 2 phones screens with HR and technical then I had on site interview with 5 differents people (Senior Operation Manager, Change Manager, HR Manager, Senior Operation Manager)

Interview Questions
    • I took a long day to past all interview and you must be prepare to talk about all your experience relate to all 14 values company   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview Process was very difficult if you are not prepared. All of the questions are behavioral based which require detailed answers based on the STAR method. Prior to this interview, I had never heard of the STAR method. Typical questions, Tell me a time when....

Interview Questions
    • During the initial phone interview, I was caught off guard when I was asked to work a math problem.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview process started 2 months ago with recruiter. That was followed up by emails which led to onsite interview. Started tour at 7 followed by four 45 min interviews. Very disappointed with first 2 interviewers as they were not nearly as experienced as I am in Logistics/Distribution and obviously didn't understand the significance of what I was describing to them.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult...I thought the entire process was easy. They're not looking for true leaders, they're looking for managers.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

just had the 2nd round phone screen and preparing for next round of on-site interviews. interviewer asked two easy behavior based questions. was invited to an on-site interview and have not decided if i'll continue pursuit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not succeed, meet a goal or an expectation   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an employee who is not performing   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Amazon through a LinkedIn group that we share. I sent him my resume and received a wealth of information in return, including job descriptions for two separate management levels. Two days later he e-mailed me and arranged for us to have a 30-minute "get to know you" phone conversation. Fortunately, in reading several Glassdoor reviews, I was prepared for a more intensive phone screening! The recruiter was very pleasant and informal when he called, and he immediately put me at ease. We had a relaxed conversation throughout. Unfortunately, the position he originally contacted me about had just closed, and he explained that Amazon's management hiring cycle typically runs March through August, but that he would like to remain in contact with me in the event that there should be an unforeseen opening. He then explained Amazon's business philosophy and reliance upon Kaizen, as well as the leadership structure of the company (below the corporate level). Afterwards, he asked me three, direct questions: Can you describe your last two jobs? When you arrived in those positions, did you have to "fix" them, or were they functioning well? What metrics did you use to track your progress and show improvement? We ended up speaking for 55 minutes, in what had been scheduled for 30. Overall, it was a positive experience--I simply wish I had not missed the opportunity cycle!

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your last two jobs?   Answer Question
    • When you arrived in those positions, did you have to "fix" them, or were they functioning well?   Answer Question
    • What metrics did you use to track your progress and show improvement?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!