Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – It is a day of tours and interviews. They give you tips and advice on how to prepare for the interview and take it very seriously. Make sure you go over their core values and come prepared with questions for them and make sure you know your resume very well. You will interview with multiple people and one person will conduct the case questions. It was basic math and not difficult at all

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the case question. If you do the online recorded first initial interview, the case question is similar to that   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Just starting process

Interview Question – Had not started phone interview   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Internal Promotion. Conducted multiple mock interviews with local HR team. Utilized company specific data and principles to prep. Interview questions were 1/3 difficulty than expected. Simple questions asked to gauge potential and past performance in many key area. Many rabbit holes exists. Remember you are there to interview for one of the most demanding positions in one of the most demanding and industry leading companies. Its not just about bringing the A game. You need to embody it.

Interview Question – How do you lead under-performing teams to achieve expected results   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pre-determined offer. Take it or leave it. Commensurate with position.

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Phone interview and onsite interview

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic offer letter with not much room for negotiation.

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews followed by being flown onsite to interview. They obviously put a lot of emphasis on hiring the right people. You get interviewed by a wide array of people and positions. Most of the questions are behavioral based and challenge you to provide facts in how your experiences match the skill sets and culture.

Interview Question – After your boss told us how great you were, what would be the one reason they would tell us NOT to hire you.   Answer Question

Coffeyville, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen. Next was in person interviews at a Fulfillment Center site with GM, 2 Senior Operations Managers and HR manager. Received tour of facility followed by math flow problem test. Interviewed with each person for 30 mins and asked series of behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions were easy to prepare for. Amazon prefers the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method to answer. Would suggestion preparing for the math flow question. I was asked the following: You have 30 associates who all work an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. 2 need to be in indirect (non-volume producing) roles. Your direct (production) rate is 150 units per hour, but you have two 15-minute breaks during the day. How many units can your department produce in a 40 hour week?   View Answers (5)

Reason for Declining – Chose to decline due to a better offer.

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – A friend of mine who became a new Amazon operations manager referred my name to an Amazon Military Liaison who contacted me via e-mail. The liaison requested that I fill out a brief employment history and location preference. He scheduled a phone interview which we conducted three days later. The phone interview was 30 minutes long and was example based. For instance, "give me an example of when you solved a complex problem with a simple solution?" or "What practices have you put into place to improve customer service?"

Interview Question – "When and how have you applied analytical processes to improve work conditions?"   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely challenging. We only hire the best of the best. Panel type interviews that require significant study of the business and need a strong business acumen.

Interview Question – Panel interviews that deep dive into root cause. You can never provide enough details or data at Amazon. If you are the type of person that "fluff's" answers, you will fall on your face.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Columbia, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Within 3 days, HR did initial phone conversation asking about background, salary. Next round with Sr. Ops Manager over phone. This was about my experience and background and especially how I could fit Amazon. Asking good questions at the end can make a difference. Next round onsite - first site tour starting 7am followed by math flow question (15 min). Then four rounds of personal interviews back to back. One discusses math flow answer and variations of the problem. This problem is similar what is currently available online. Some understanding of Amazon fulfillment operations can give you insight into what sort of variations likely to be asked. Good experience. Very talented and motivated managers. Overall seems to be a good choice to make a career.

Interview Question – Be confident and comfortable throughout interview process. Take water,snacks if needed. Math flow problems are not difficult, but with intensity of interview process, it can affect your thinking and performance. Stay relaxed and focus on solving problem. Think loudly. This can help interviewer understand how you think.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Did my best to impress. Nearly all the young interviewees were offered positions with the company. Looks like you'll work long hours and it will be difficult. Would be interesting to know what most Area/Ops Managers that remain with the company are doing 5 years after hire.

Interview Question – Just treat everyone with respect!   Answer Question