Amazon.com Product Management Interview Questions

3.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

A friend submitted my resume to Amazon's system. Took about 2 weeks and had initial interview with hiring manager. Passed through that and had an on-sight interview with interview team. It was a pretty standard process.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions on delivering results. One question breeds 6 or so follow up questions with poking and prodding on my analytical, program and collaborative skills.   Answer Question
The financial offer was non-negotiable. I negotiated for other more intangible items.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Simple process. I had 2 rounds of phone interviews for 45 minutes. After 5 weeks I was invited to a meeting in a hotel. They gave very little notice. It was 4 hour interview with 4 people. I received a call from their HR within 24 hours saying they're moving forward with an offer but I will have to decide which group I want to work with. I spoke with 3 different hiring managers over phone, and decided to go with one.

Interview Questions
    • Most of their questions were situational and case based from past experience.   Answer Question
    Their offer was pretty good, given the stock performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2010.

Submitted resume. Contacted by a friendly HR coordinator asking if I was interested in interviewing.
    Submitted available times.

Called by Hiring Manager. Obviously very passionate, committed person. Be prepared to talk about your leadership and problem solving skills and general PM competencies such as ....
    - how did you determine pricing of a product from your past?

Received second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking for a job?   Answer Question
    • How did you determine pricing for a product you've launched in the past?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2010.

Got an email to setup interview, two 45 minutes telephonic interviews

.Three different areas: Leadership, Analytical Skills and Culture
    .Give me examples of your past experiences of leadership, analytical skills and culture.
    .Some specific questions related to the projects
    .Questions related to Operations experiences and leading employees

Interview Questions
    • The search at Amazon site results in error 10% of the time. What could be the reason, how would you go about resolving it?   View Answer
    • Amazon started putting Ads on its wbsite recently and there was a big debate before doing so. Could you throw some insights on the pros and cons of putting ads at Amazon site   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

Phone interviews - 2 interviews lasting 45mins each. Both asked some basic questions about background and why Amazon, why that particular position etc... they also asked some basic mini-cases, such as a new feature to introduce, things you like/don't like about the website etc.

Q: You have done [experience 1] and [experience 2] before applying to us, so how do you think amazon could benefit from these experiences of yours.

Interview Questions
    • you had experience in [1], [2] and [3]... how do you think Amazon will benefit from these experiences?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2010.

Applied through school, although they have postings for the same position on the company website. The interview was very rigorous. A lot of case questions mixed in with some behavioral. The interviewers were very aggressive, pushing back on anything said.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2009.

This was during campus recruiting. They sent 2 reps to campus. They made all applicants do 1 interview with 1 of the 2 reps for 1 hour on the first day. They then cut some people. Those that made it to the 2nd round came back the next day and talked to the other rep for 1 hour.

Interviews were both case-based. One case was about Prime. Other was about cloud computing.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the value proposition of Prime and why Amazon has it.   Answer Question
    • How would you choose a market for expansion of Amazon's EC3 service?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!