Amazon.com

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.6

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

The correspondence leading up the interview was great. They requested brief questionnaire about my work history which was, I thought, going to be a type of outline for the interview. I was mistaken.

The interview consisted of two hypothetical scenarios and how I would go about starting a project based on a certain premise. The scenarios were scattered and a bit outlandish which caught me off-guard. While the interview was quite difficult, it was unique and definitely taught me that you can never really anticipate the types of questions you'll receive during an interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about building a dating site for people who want to cheat on their spouses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I had a 30 min interview with a member of the team and then they flew me out to their offices. I was asked to write an essay about a product I built from end to end. Then I went through a round of 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you failed at work?
      When did you develop a product that didn't work?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Email correspondence with an HR rep as well as a recruiter, who scheduled three phone interviews, each an hour long. Very difficult interviews - several tough case questions and prodding follow-up questions designed to fluster you and poke holes in your answers. After the third one, Amazon flew me out to Seattle for a day of in-person meetings. Also very difficult. The interviewers seemed really rushed, and none of them, beside the hiring manager, were on the team for which this position was hiring. They had obviously been well trained by Amazon to parse out the people who are sharp enough and fit their exact mold of what the idea candidate should be.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend you know nothing about Amazon Prime. How would you price it?   Answer Question

First round: Two 30 minutes telephone interviews
    Each interview has a small case
    You have to have a very deep understanding of their products.
    They do not care you do not have enough knowledge about their products to solve the case problems.
    So it's not only critical thinking ability tested.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Through University recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Should Amazon enter into selling contact lenses ?   View Answers (2)
    • Tell me about a time when you broke a complex problem into simple sub-parts ?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve an existing amazon product ? How would you measure the impact ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Amazon recruiter contacted me via e-mail for an interview for a product management role. The 1st scheduled call was cancelled by the recruiter for unavailability of the reviewer. Call was rescheduled 1 week later with another person. Questions were as followed
    1. Describe your background
    2. Describe an instance where you had to make an important decision with out approval from your boss
    3. Describe a customer feedback recommendation that you implemented

Overall very courteous throughout the whole process. I was not selected for the second round. Recruiter could not provide feedback.

Interview Questions
    • One question that struck me by surprise was being position which I was applying for. Product manager of Technical Program manager.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

The hiring was done at my school through an MBA program. We had 2 in person interviews each for 30 minutes as the screen, followed by 2 more final rounds of interview. After the first round, we waited for an email from HR to let us know if we passed. Questions were around product features - some mini-case problems and some situation questions.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Series of phone interviews, if one team didn't find it a good fit, they turned it to another team

Product Manager Interview

got a phone call from the hiring manager. all behavioral questions to test EQ and ppl skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Everyone was very courteous, punctual, and easy to talk with at Amazon. There is a bit of a mystique about the interview process. I went through two phone screens but did not proceed beyond that, and one really doesn't ever find out why.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember any questions verbatim, but conventional wisdom I heard beforehand was true. Provide detailed answers. They want to get beyond the generalities of a resume, so the more concrete you can be, the better   Answer Question