Amazon.com

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.6

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

One phone screen and 5 interviews in person.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about one product you like and why (he didn't let me reply with a tech product).   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was an On Campus Interview process for Product Management.
    Day 1 - Had two rounds of 30 mins each. One was to measure fit and the second one was a resume walkthrough
    Day 2 - Case based questions. Real current Amazon business cases.

Interview Questions
    • Metrics oriented question. What are the metrics that you would use to understand the success of a certain product.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Chaotic, stoic and large company questions. Did not feel like a modern tech company.

Interview Questions
    • Question about priorities sequencing when primary objective was completely different. A bit strange IMO.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

got a phone call from the hiring manager. all behavioral questions to test EQ and ppl skills.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Series of phone interviews, if one team didn't find it a good fit, they turned it to another team

Product Manager Interview

they were good in the communications. went in and had one round that lasted 1 hr, and was rejected. did not agree to give me feedback until process was over

Product Manager Interview

Got interview through a Career Fair whil dong MBA. First round interview involved 3 managers for 30-45 minute interview. They were mix of case and behavioral.

Product Manager Interview

The correspondence leading up the interview was great. They requested brief questionnaire about my work history which was, I thought, going to be a type of outline for the interview. I was mistaken.

The interview consisted of two hypothetical scenarios and how I would go about starting a project based on a certain premise. The scenarios were scattered and a bit outlandish which caught me off-guard. While the interview was quite difficult, it was unique and definitely taught me that you can never really anticipate the types of questions you'll receive during an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about building a dating site for people who want to cheat on their spouses?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2010.

I had a decent phone interview with one of the hiring manager's team. However, post-interview I did not hear from the recruiter, when I emailed to check up on my status I recieved a very simple "I'll let you know when I hear something". Two weeks later I still did not hear anything back from them. All the other companies I had phone interviews with had kept me informed post-interview. I was disappointed with how Amazon.com conducted themseleves.

The phone interview itself was pretty simple, talked about my own experiences and asked them about what the position entailed. That was it, no trick questions or technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product management experience and share with us how you did.   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most difficult part(s) of software product management   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

I had a phone interview with Amazon. It went quite well in my opinion. The interviewer was very laid back and mentioned a number of jobs that I might be interested in. I am still waiting to hear back about the next step. Apparently there would be some more phone interviews and the final one will be at hq.