Amazon.com Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.6

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Series of phone interviews, if one team didn't find it a good fit, they turned it to another team

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Product Manager Interview

Interview

got a phone call from the hiring manager. all behavioral questions to test EQ and ppl skills.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very courteous, punctual, and easy to talk with at Amazon. There is a bit of a mystique about the interview process. I went through two phone screens but did not proceed beyond that, and one really doesn't ever find out why.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember any questions verbatim, but conventional wisdom I heard beforehand was true. Provide detailed answers. They want to get beyond the generalities of a resume, so the more concrete you can be, the better   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Got interview through a Career Fair whil dong MBA. First round interview involved 3 managers for 30-45 minute interview. They were mix of case and behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

All but one of the team member was unprepared and a complete moron. The attitude he brought to the table was enough to put me off the entire job itself. Amazon needs to look carefully at who they select as interviewers and their company comes off as arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Not many but they really need to keep their wrong and egoistical attitude in check   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Email from HR, then a call from a Sr. Product Manager, 30 minutes interview

Interview Questions

• Be clear what kind of product manager you want to be, product development, partnership/relationship management, or just managing the product. Read well the job description to identify what they are looking for   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Two 30 minutes back to back phone interviews. First interviewer ask most of the behavior questions and also ask follow up questions pretty aggressively. The second one is more friendly and ask a few general behavior questions and then through a mini case to me. My cell phone got cut off in the second interview, so use a land line if you can.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation that your got challenged in public.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Two phone interviews. Questions about - difficult team member, a time when you used a lot of data for analysis, leadership example. Second interviewer went very deep in each stories. They were looking if I havn't made up any stories.

Interview Questions

• A time when you used a lot of data in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview

I was initially screened over the telephone with a recruiter and the hiring manager. I was then invited to an all day panel interview in Seattle with approximately 5 individuals from different functional areas within Amazon. The interview was largely experience based with a case discussion as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you had the greatest impact and how did you use data to drive your decision making process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone screen by hiring manager followed up by full day interview loop. There were five interviews during the interview loop. Each interview has a distinct focus (work history, business case, break even analysis, product spec and cultural fit). The interviewees consisted of peers to the position, a VP level interview and an engineering peer. Be ready for a very analytical interview.