Amazon.com Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

3.6

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2009.

I had 2 interviews the same day - face to face interviews. I found the interview by applying to the university job bank and by networking with Amazon current employees. I seems very important the networking to get the interview.
The culture is very data driven and consumer focused. You need to clearly understand their business model.

Interview Questions
  • How to sell "Live Plants" at Amazon?   Answer Question
  • The asked me questions on my background and then they tested the way i think through questions like: How do calculate the profitability of Prime? what is the biggest opportunity for Amazon? what is the Amazon business model?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

First round was 1:1 interview. Second and final round was also 1:1 interview and occurred the day after first round. Offer extended within two weeks. Very streamlined.

First interview was pretty straightforward. Second interview was tougher and included a case. Offer extended by HR representative who was sketchy. Watch out!

The culture is VERY unique and not for everyone, especially those who value collaboration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2009.

Interviews were really fast, that was the best part. 4 interviews. A mix of case and behavioral questions. Interviewed with 2 ppl the first day, then got invited back for the second round with 2 more ppl. The offer came the evening of the second round of interviews. The best part is the speed of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CEO of Amazon, what would you do?   View Answer
    • Imagine you are starting a new category of sales at Amazon (for example pet supplies), how would you start building the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2009.

The interview process was broken into two parts a series of phone interviews and then a full day of in person interviews. I had 8 in person interviews in one day and a about three had 2-3 interviewers. The interviews ranged from typical interview questions to practical questions like "how do you think we should do this?" There was also a lot of math. They also seemed to be big on what college you went to. Several of the interviewers made it known to me what college they attended which I thought was really weak.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a 15 minute description of an area of their business and asked me to come up with a new business idea in the next 15 minutes that was unique and potentially profitable.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very tough and a long process. There were 7 rounds in total. 5 rounds in a single day. The questions were tough but very perspective in nature. They were keen on understanding the thought process rather than exact answer per se.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question as such. The questions were relevant.   Answer Question

The role which was offered didn't suit my requirements

Product Manager Interview

they were good in the communications. went in and had one round that lasted 1 hr, and was rejected. did not agree to give me feedback until process was over

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Chaotic, stoic and large company questions. Did not feel like a modern tech company.

Interview Questions
    • Question about priorities sequencing when primary objective was completely different. A bit strange IMO.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kami-meguro (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kami-meguro (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Total of 2 phases of interviews, the 1st one was with the Hiring Manager and the 2nd(final) phase was the infamous Interview Loop with other 4 people ( 45 minutes each). Each of every one of them asked deeply regarding my previous employment and past experiences. There was data / numerical related questions and one them gave you a case study to discuss the possible solutions.

Interview Questions
    • Business questions regarding how do you handle negotiations( both internal and external), case study of real company related issues.   Answer Question
    Think I would love the culture. The compensation package were good, so I accept it as it is.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Was placed in an interview by a job agency that I was working with. I had relevant experience and a strong educational background. Had 1 telephone interview with a particularly unenthusiastic manager. Asked basic questions about myself and described the job itself.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was an On Campus Interview process for Product Management.
    Day 1 - Had two rounds of 30 mins each. One was to measure fit and the second one was a resume walkthrough
    Day 2 - Case based questions. Real current Amazon business cases.

Interview Questions
    • Metrics oriented question. What are the metrics that you would use to understand the success of a certain product.   Answer Question