Amazon.com

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.6

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2011.

Tough case questions. There was one friendly interviewer, one purposely intimidating, and one neutral

Interview Questions
Compensation package is great so there's little to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2010.

I applied online and was contacted by a friendly HR person in about a week and a half via email. I had an initial phone interview that was a disaster. I actually finished the interview not really wanting the position. The interviewer was combative, aggressive and not pleasant. As week later I was contacted by the friendly HR person again for a second phone interview. She was so nice that I decided to try again. My second phone interview was the polar opposite of the first. The interviewer was wonderful. He asked probing insightful questions. Don't get me wrong, the interview wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult just to be difficult.
    Then two weeks past and I was invited out to Seattle to interview. I went through a 5.5 hour interview with 6 separate people. It was intense! I had a terrific headache by the end but was also excited about the challenge and the team.
    One and a half weeks later I received an offer in my inbox.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to solve a real world business problem but without all of the background that I needed to answer the question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2010.

Photo screen interviews take up to 3 times before an actual invitation to an on-site intervew.
    I was approached by the recruiting department of the company. The first interview was with a sr. product manager and then second one was with a peer in the product management team. A lot of case analysis related to the business side. It is definitely one of the most intensive interview processes I have been through. Be papared about setting up pricing strategy, go to market strategy and presentation structure/outlines etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set the pricing strategy for Amazon web services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2009.

The whole recruitment process lasted 2 days, with 2 interviews per day. Besides behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership, when you had to work excess hours, etc.), there were some mini-case questions. These questions refer to real-life problems faced by the interviewer. For instance, one of the interviewers was managing magazines. She told me about a time when she noticed that sales had decreased. She asked me to help her understand what could have gone wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What could cause a decrease in sales of magazine XYZ on Amazon's website?   Answer Question
    • What are the variable costs associated with sending physical products to customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2009.

I had 2 interviews the same day - face to face interviews. I found the interview by applying to the university job bank and by networking with Amazon current employees. I seems very important the networking to get the interview.
    The culture is very data driven and consumer focused. You need to clearly understand their business model.

Interview Questions
    • How to sell "Live Plants" at Amazon?   Answer Question
    • The asked me questions on my background and then they tested the way i think through questions like: How do calculate the profitability of Prime? what is the biggest opportunity for Amazon? what is the Amazon business model?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

First round was 1:1 interview. Second and final round was also 1:1 interview and occurred the day after first round. Offer extended within two weeks. Very streamlined.

First interview was pretty straightforward. Second interview was tougher and included a case. Offer extended by HR representative who was sketchy. Watch out!

The culture is VERY unique and not for everyone, especially those who value collaboration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2009.

Interviews were really fast, that was the best part. 4 interviews. A mix of case and behavioral questions. Interviewed with 2 ppl the first day, then got invited back for the second round with 2 more ppl. The offer came the evening of the second round of interviews. The best part is the speed of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CEO of Amazon, what would you do?   View Answer
    • Imagine you are starting a new category of sales at Amazon (for example pet supplies), how would you start building the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2009.

The interview process was broken into two parts a series of phone interviews and then a full day of in person interviews. I had 8 in person interviews in one day and a about three had 2-3 interviewers. The interviews ranged from typical interview questions to practical questions like "how do you think we should do this?" There was also a lot of math. They also seemed to be big on what college you went to. Several of the interviewers made it known to me what college they attended which I thought was really weak.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a 15 minute description of an area of their business and asked me to come up with a new business idea in the next 15 minutes that was unique and potentially profitable.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very tough and a long process. There were 7 rounds in total. 5 rounds in a single day. The questions were tough but very perspective in nature. They were keen on understanding the thought process rather than exact answer per se.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question as such. The questions were relevant.   Answer Question

The role which was offered didn't suit my requirements

Product Manager Interview

they were good in the communications. went in and had one round that lasted 1 hr, and was rejected. did not agree to give me feedback until process was over