Amazon.com

Employer Engaged

Amazon.com Project Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Project Manager Interview

I had a phone screening "interview" with the hiring manager which lasted about 15 minutes. I then had a second phone interview with one of the department team leaders and I had a third phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Within the first 30 seconds of the final interview, I knew that the interview was not going to go well. The interviewer was cold but professional and I could tell that he wasn't interested. I was asked how I could prove that I would be a great addition to the department and I as I started answering the question with details, the interviewer interrupted and said "no, I want you to explain how you can be a good fit in this particular department".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I had two interviews.
    The first one by phone with the hiring manager.
    He introduced the role, gave me a few insights and asked me some question to find out more about my qualifications and background.
    No particular odd or strange question. All down to earth and based on the job that needed to be done.
    Second interview with all team members. Each had a series of questions, but once again, based on the need of the work and no tricky question.

Interview Questions
    • Question were straight forward and to the point. No odd or unusual question such as "how many tennis balls to fill an airplane"...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process was gruelling. 7+ interviews in a single day and 2 phone interviews. They took their time to interview me thoroughly. It was rewarding and challenging. Typical question but they would like to see how you think

Interview Questions
    • Too many to list but be confident in yourself and do not try to BS your way. That might work at Microsoft but not here.   Answer Question
    Typical.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After an informational interview in the fall, I was contacted in the spring by recruiter regarding a position that was initially slated for contract that switched to full time. Thus began "the gauntlet" of interviews: 3 phone screens, 4 video conferences, 3 in-person and one other background check.

Interview Questions
    • What practical steps have you taken to elicit maximum contributions from each member of your team?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation - I gave a range, they told me their base + hiring bonus and that was it.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

HR Contacted and scheduled an Interview with the hiring manager. He did a telephone interview and asked a couple of generic questions, and other very easy technical questions (like name two layers of the OSI model). After that I got an email from HR telling me that they wouldn't move forward with the interview process. During the interview I had the feeling that the hiring manager already had his choice and only needed to interview other candidates as part of the process.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2012.

Submitted my resume via their internet website. I was contacted by phone and by email regarding interest to do an intial interview process. Interview done over the phone with what I call an interview screener. The screener had ask me several questions with the last one being the most unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went outside normal porcedures to get a project done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

All day event. Several interviews meeting with different departments. Looking for best fit.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2011.

Very standard questions. Not focus on how much I know about the business but who I am and what I have achieved.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed example of the project you have led before to help me understand more of your previous job.   Answer Question
    • We are currently planning on this initiative. What do you think? (Case interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Started with an email and call from corporate recruiter. General screening process with general type questions. Interview call was over a week later as scheduling with hiring manager took several delays. Interview was prompt starting with an equal amount of time dedicated to information about yourself (experience) and questions for the interviewer. They are genuinely open to learning about you and your experience, but the real work lies in the questions you ask. So be prepared with some good ones and be creative with examples.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

I was contacted for a phone screen from Amazon corporate that was to be conducted for 2, one hour sessions by different Amazon staff members. Overall, the questions were not difficult for the online interview. The 6 hour on-site interview was more difficult due to the fact that it was really just asking and answering question after question, without really getting a sense for what the day to day work/life environment at Amazon would entail.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't really able to negotiate the salary and signing bonus, although at the time I considered them to be adequate.