Amazon.com QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a phone screen. The interviewer asked me questions pertaining to my work experience and testing. Then I asked him some questions regarding the culture at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• What would you test differently on a mobile device vs. a desktop?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Be prepared to study for the interview. Don't get discouraged if you don't get the 1st job, sometimes it comes down to a good match.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, then a week later, I got a call from a HR person to schedule phone interviews. Questions about java fundamentals, how to tell a word is anagram, find two elements of an int array that add to a sum.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process started with a call from HR who briefed about the position. There were two telephonic rounds after which I was called onsite. Onsite interview was 6 rounds- all asked the same kinds of questions, java scripting and creating test scenarios. Each round was a one-o-one interview and lacked diversity of questions.

Interview Questions

• java questions. I was told any scripting experience would suffice. but everyone wanted to hear java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had quite a poor experience, all things considered. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter at Amazon. After speaking with the recruiter, I discovered that a couple of my colleague from past positions had migrated up there so I became pretty jazzed about the prospect of working there. After the initial interview with the first recruiter, I was handed off to another recruiter that was suppose to set up the phone interviews. I never heard back from that recruiter, so I contacted the original recruiter who then set me up with yet another recruiter to set me up with 2 phone interviews. Both phone interviews were simple and to the point, mostly technical but simple. After the 2nd phone interview, I emailed the recruiter only to find out that he had been terminated and I was to be set up with yet another recruiter. I'm sure they had a reason for all these mix ups but, I was never informed. It was all very awkward. They flew my out to Seattle for an in person interview, which went horribly. 2 hours, different people, and a lunch that I didn't have time to finish. All of the questions were extremely technical and they didn't ask me any questions about my resume or my character as a quality assurance engineer. In the end, they did not extend me an offer. All things told, if they did, I would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

• Right out of the gate before I even got a chance to sit down at the table, I was asked to write a function that tests the lengths of a triangle using legitimate syntax. Ouch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process was extremely slow, but the interviews themselves were pretty good and would really test a person's intelligence. 1) First round of Recruiter Screening - Basic Questions about Experience and Relocation(Since I am moving from SF to Seattle). About 20 minutes 2) First Phone Technical Screening - QA Questions, Coding Questions, Behavioral Questions. 1 hour 3) Second Phone Technical Screening - Coding Questions and Behavioral Questions - 75 min 4) Whole day on-site in Seattle, lasted about 5 hours, talked with 5 people- A lot of problem solving and coding questions as well as QA scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't Negotiate, had other offers, just stated those. Pretty Decent Package for Seattle Area which is definitely cheaper compared to Silicon Valley where I am currently working. Extremely in-depth Relocation Package which really made my decision about moving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

2 seperate phone interviews each for an hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience. How many test cases did you write and how long did it take.   1 Answer
    • test a given webpage   1 Answer

Negotiation

i got paid well and I was happy

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

through job portal It is good for the candidates who is just out of college which all the programming skills writting the sorting,recursive they don't see that u hav earrived to answer but check for the efficient method

Interview Questions

• They are so busy to take interview,they don't even refer your CV , no idea abt your exp or previous job.In teh interview they ask aquestion and don't pay much attention for your reply   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Recruiter called and emailed me offering to fly me out to Seattle to interview. I replied via phone and email, but id not hear from the recruiter for a week. Continued to email/call the recruiter up until the tentative interview date with no reply. Very unprofessional.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Chennai (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Written test : 1. ATM machine , after entering pin -> not able to withdraw money. What are all the possible reasons. debug 2. 3*3 matrix given. print the row with max. sum and column with max sum 3. Mathematical program given -> asked to write all possible test data for the scenario problem solving : 1. In An array find 3 numbers which will form max. product ( array has negative number,0... also) - logic arriving checked 2. an ebook sold from amazon worked for 2 days....after 2 days customer's copy is corrupted...so he asks for refund? how to handle 3. Some testing related scenarios -> app working in intranet, not working in internet - what could be possible reasons test case enumeration: 1. prof summary 2. test cases for mobile twitter app