Amazon.com Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.3

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Gorgeous building, hipster-ville, I was totally out of place dressed in a suit. Lots of security, and the interviewer was nice but aloof. Interview was very basic - the second person never showed up to the interview (which should have been a sign) - they said they would make their decision by the end of the week, however they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 different tasks (she listed them out) - how do you proceed with your day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews - second all competency based.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Reched out ot me for a postion after 2 phone interviews, never heard back from them, even after a follow up email.

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Dulles, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

So-So. Recruiters are always 1st face, didnt do anything for me, if anything, it gave me an idea of what the group would be like.

Interview Questions

I got an initial email from the recruiter and he and I talked about my experience and what I have been doing. He said, looks like a fit and I will set up with the hiring manager, which turns out to also be a SR. Recruiter. man, Ive always thought recruiting is the 1st face /impression, she was just blah, and maybe its the culture of, if youre not here yet, why should you be or I am better than you. That was a big turn off.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Amazon by a Staffing Agency. I was extremely excited about the possibility of working for Amazon. The interview was very unprofessional and the questions were for the most part irrelevant. At some point I felt he was not even paying attention to me. Before we got to the table to begin the interview I knew I did not want to work for/with this person.

Interview Questions

• Do you like living in Vancouver?   1 Answer
    • Please give me samples of boolean searches for a software developer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was referred by a family member.
    The interview consisted of one initial phone interview followed by phone interviews with 2 additional Recruiters and the Hiring Manager.
    The Recruiters asked behavioral questions (describe a time when you had to complete a difficult task, have you ever had any disagreements with co-workers and how long I would stay with them). The hiring manager had questions about my gap in employment which lead to her believing that I would not "stay" with the company and would "move on" after immediately being hired.
    They also mentioned that I would have to convince them that I would stay for the required 1.5 years, but due to my background and education, the hiring manager was not convinced I would make that commitment.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you did not like about your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted repeatedly on linkedin by both agency and amazon recruiters about positions there (if you have the word recruiter anywhere on your LI profile and live in Seattle expect to be contacted once or twice a week until eternity by Amazon). Ended up responding and working with an internal amazon recruiter for recruiters, did an initial phone screen with her, then did two more phone screens with two other recruiters before being brought in for a panel interview with 6 people.

It took a week afterwards to get to the offer negotiation stage, and I ended up pulling myself from the process at that point because it was very clear to me in my onsite visit that it wasn't a good fit or a healthy place to work as a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What Amazon core value do you most identify with?   1 Answer

Was concerned about work/life balance, 4 out of the 6 people I talked to seemed absolutely defeated/unhappy when I was talking to them, it was a very strange vibe on that team and it was clear they worked very long hours.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

Interview

Amazon recruiter proactively reached out to me and set up recruiter screen. Recruiter screen went well, so submitted me to several of his recruiting managers with open positions. Unfortunately, the recruiting manager that was the most interested was a perfect example of the stereotypical Amazon long-termer (10 years); super aggressive and confrontational. She spent 10 minutes pontificating about how hardcore she is as a manager and how she prides herself on being "direct"and quick to fire someone, if she doesn't think they are a "good fit". When I asked her about the tenure of her reports, she admitted that everyone on her team has been there less than a year... I knew very early in the interview, that I would never be willing to work for her. I believe she could tell and also declined.

Interview Questions

• How is recruiting @ Amazon better than @ your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

What a mess. I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter and we set up the initial phone screen. I talked to her and she seemed really excited about me, setting up a second round call while I was on the phone. She also mentioned since I work remotely another department may want me to, and copied me on an email to her colleague. The only person I ever heard back from was the very out of touch recruiter for the second round. She had no experience and couldn't keep her questions or responses straight. Not only did I get absolutely no response but for a large company I'm shocked by how unprofessional the folks representing the company are.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

5-6 phone interviews. Then an in person interview with 6 people. They flew me out and paid for interview expenses. The interview experience was nice. My only issue is the recruiter left me a voice mail letting me know I didn't get the position. She hasn't returned my calls. I took two days off of work to fly out and interview. The respectful thing would be to return my call regardless of the outcome. A voice mail is very unprofessional.