Amazon.com

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I was contacted by a Recruiting Coordinator about three weeks after applying online. Underwent two separate phone interviews, then was invited to an on-campus interview. I had five interviews on campus, with a vast majority of the questions focusing on behavioral questions, i.e. tell me about a time when... Three days later, I received an email saying they had decided not to hire. Afterwards, I repeatedly reached out for feedback but they simply ignored me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Applied online through Amazon's career site. Emailed back two days later to schedule a phone interview. Recommended me to look through a list of Amazon "Leadership Principles" to familiarize myself with. The job does not have a defined career path, but if you want to work for a company like Amazon, I would say go for it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Many behavioral interview questions such as, Tell me a time when you had a customer who was hard to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

I had two phone interviews and then one on-site interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and the on-site was 5 hours. In the on-site interview there were 5, 45 minute interviews; some with a couple interviewers and some one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you had to disagree with a manager, please explain the process and the result"   View Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

I was contacted by a coordinator the day after I sent in my resume to set up a phone interview for a week later. I received an email confirmation regarding who I'd be interviewing with. A week roles around and when I answer the phone there is a man on the line when the person I should have been speaking with was a woman. She was ill so her boss filled in, which is nice, they could have just rescheduled but didn't. Interview questions were quite basic asking about experience with office products and experiences learned from past jobs. I was told that likely the next step if they were to move forward would be another phone interview. About a week later I emailed the coordinator asking where I might be in their process. She emailed me back saying that I hadn't been selected.

Interview Questions
    • Did you check our website for other careers?-Where there any other jobs you saw you were interested in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Hiring process is good. Dishonest about opportunities, however

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Entire process took about 3-4 weeks. Standard initial phone interview (30 minutes) followed by onsite interview (about 3-4 hours). Keep in mind that all your interviewers will be typing on their laptops the entire time in order to take detailed notes about everything you say. Do not get discouraged if they aren't engaging in conversation with you.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I found amazon to be a very hard company to get an interview with unless you have an MBA or have someone internally refer you. I was fortunate enough to have an interview as I was internally referred, The process is long (normally 2 phone interviews and then a 'day' of interviews in the office). I made it to the 2nd phone interview but did not get any further as I did not have the specific experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are very specific to their 14 leadership principles. So make sure you have answers prepared with examples that relate to these leadership principles which can be found on their website.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

had first quick phone interview with a polite recruiter then a second telephone interview was arranged. Interviewer was unfriendly and did not try to build a rapport at all. I'm grateful that I've not been invited for one to one interviews based on my experience as well as many other reviews. not worth your time and preparation

Interview Questions
    • questions were not difficult but not clearly presented   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I arrived at was shoved in the deli for the first of four 45 min interviews. Be prepared to feel like a bit of numnut whilst you are dressed in a suit and everyone else is in dress down. The guy that came to collect me was twenty minutes late, saying that reception hadnt informed him that I was here. The interview consisted of the four interviewers bombarding me with competency based questions designed around their leadership principles. They said to me on numerous occasions - oh it is not a job where you get much recognition and sometimes you will only be spoken to if you get something wrong. Nice. They are not interested in you as a person at all.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers all wanted different examples to questions that were very similar. After the first two interviews - you are naturally bored of answering competency based questions,   Answer Question

I took an alternative position that I was much more suited to.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudelange (Luxembourg)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very unpleasant and anonymous interview with a reserved recruiter. Very fosilized and impersonal questions difficult to answer aiming at surprising you. Be ready to answer very detailed questions about you previous work experience and motivation.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. Why would you like to work for our company?
      A1. It is a very renowned and stable company with very good reputation.
      Q2. Okay, but this is from customer's prospective. Why would you like to work for us from employee's prospective?
      A2: Because the company cares of its employees, it helps them utilize their skills and knowledge and develop it further.
      Q3. Hmmmm, what else? Why would you like to work for us? ..........

Answer Question