Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist II Interview

Research Scientist II
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 4 Phone Interviews, one with the hiring manager and 3 technical phone screens. After which I was called onsite to their Seattle HQ, where I had another full day of interviews. I signed an NDA, so would not go into details, but all in all the interviews evaluated both my algorithmic/programming skills and math/statistics/machine learning skills. The interviewers posed a lot of real worlds scenarios for me to solve and judged me based on my approach.

Interview Question – The unexpected part was some questions regarding multi variate calculus which I had not expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Recruiter did not leave much room for negotiation. I liked the offer and accepted it.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!