Amazon.com Research Scientist II Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Went through 4 Phone Interviews, one with the hiring manager and 3 technical phone screens. After which I was called onsite to their Seattle HQ, where I had another full day of interviews. I signed an NDA, so would not go into details, but all in all the interviews evaluated both my algorithmic/programming skills and math/statistics/machine learning skills. The interviewers posed a lot of real worlds scenarios for me to solve and judged me based on my approach.

Interview Questions
  • The unexpected part was some questions regarding multi variate calculus which I had not expected.   Answer Question
The Recruiter did not leave much room for negotiation. I liked the offer and accepted it.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!