Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer seemed agitated from the beginning. I felt like it went pretty well but did not move forward in the process.

Interview Question – Why Amazon?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview took place via phone, as I was living at a great distance from the States. The interviewer was very thorough and detailed in her questions, yet made me feel comfortable all the while. Didn't get an offer, even though my experience and skills qualified me for the position. I simply wasn't able to meet the geographical requirements of the position. The interviewer asked me to recontact her once I return stateside.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I was highly impressed by the interviewer's professionalism. She seemed to not ask silly questions like many interviewers do.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

Interview Details – After applying through their website I got invited to a telephone interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Brief me through your resume   Answer Question
  • What do you know about Amazon Marketplace? What's the difference between Amazon Marketplace and Amazon.com?   Answer Question
  • Role playing: Imagine I am the owner of a toy store and you are a sales representative of Amazon Marketplace.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got interview chance from headhunter, star from Nov, 2010. I take 3 round interview. First was phone from hire manager, then after Chinese spring festival, onsite interview by HR, a senior person at same department, hire manager, 1 bar raiser, another manager of related department. Each interviewee have 45 minutes.

Interview Question – The hire manager asked if i was good at numbers or not. I said yes but didn't have good example to prove it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation for your salary with HR, in the end they give me a package good than i thought.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview completely done in english, to test your language skills. It was not that hard, it involved all those classic questions about your cv,plus some questions about the ecommerce market, and which direction was taking according to you. The second interview was 1:1, and it followed a rotational scheme, involving 5 different senior managers. That means, you had to talk for 30 min with one senior, and then switch with the next one, while the previous went to interview the other candidates. It took 4 hours and half. The interviews involved personality questions and attitude skills.

The whole process was terrible, since you had to say the story of your life over 5 times in a row, not to mention that you could be really stressed and tired after the second job interview already.
Plus some of the interviewees were really rude and didn't pay attention of what you were saying.

Interview Question – Why do you think amazon is the best retailer website in the ecommerce market?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying to the job posting I received their request for a first round phone interview. I talked with an employee that was working in the same role. He was very friendly and asked me about my working back ground trying to find points of contacts with the position I was applying for. Then he described the caracterisitics of his job highligting pros and cons.
It took less than one hour to go through all the the interview questions.
Some days later I received an e-mail in order to arrange a second phone interview with an HR manager and an Executive.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I deceided to decline their offer because that job was not fitting my professional ambitions.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – The total interview process is absolutely strange. They made me a first interview by phone in which they were pretending I knew their products. The second was a normal stage with normal sales cycle question. The last step it took place in their Luxembourg office, in which they pretended to have from me a perfect technical description of their product, plus a presentation on PPT about an hypothetical case study, focused 99% on their product and without any sales skills demonstration. I think they will hardly take other people, as it's impossible in few days to learn everything about their product, especially if you work already. I had the feeling they were just advertising their product.

Interview Question – There has never been an occasion in which you had to overcome your manager's orders and why?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2010.

Interview Details – Company seems very unorganized. Missed dates, times. Seemed a bit arrogant.

Interview Question – How would you sell Amazon's products??   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.