Amazon.com Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

3.4

1,845 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Amazon.com for online assessment. This was 90 mins coding assessment. After one week , they told me to again take another personality online assessment. Two weeks later they invited me for on-site interview. They arranged everything from travel to accommodation. In on-site I had back to back 3 technical (coding) interviews on white board. I was supposed to have 4 interviews but one of my interviewer was not able to make it so they told me that I will be having that part as phone interview later.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I must have gone through all of the reviews/interviews on this site prior to my phone and in person interviews. Some of the information here are beneficial yet some perpetuate the on going myths. I thought I pay it forward and give it another shot. While I have signed the NDA but I don't think anything I am sharing is particularly earth shattering.

* This is not the typical project management position. Please don't apply if you haven't got any development background or skills

* Please don't apply if you can't write functional/technical specifications

* Please don't apply if you can't decipher business requirements

* You will either report into the software development organization or PMO

Read the Leadership Principles over and over until you can repeat it in your sleep. You are expected to apply them to your past positions

No, they won't ask you to solve riddles

Architecture: design an application, system, process capable of handling a huge load. You need to be able to back it up with computer algorithms and data structures. If you have done it you would know.

Lastly, be prepared to explain what does TECHNICAL Program Manager mean to you.

Interview Questions

• In your previous project, What was the problem? How did you solve the problem? Which leadership principle(s) are applicable or influence the solution.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was for new graduates. It was a six-hour team coding challenge with some interviews regarding your challenge code during the later half. I was given a document with preparation advice from the recruiter. It primarily suggested to practice coding outside of an IDE and to review CS fundamentals. This was not good advice. I stared at an IDE during the whole challenge. Nobody asked me any highly theoretical CS problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you please sign this NDA, which is required for you to be interviewed?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Amazon interview process starts with a tech recruiter's mail. I received a mail from a recruiter saying that I hadn't responded to her one week old mail! I responded; I was sent a big mail about their complicated hardcore techie interview with a message, "you will be asked to use cobedit", and warned that "don't be embarrassed when you are asked on ..... data structure queue, stack,..., sorting algorithms etc".

Anyway, the interviewer seemed to have good experiences, and looked like peer level interview. It went for 50 mts, and 10 mts for my questions to the interviewer. When I specifically asked what are critical problems the program (for which I am considered) faces. The response was, 'I don't know; we do not reveal our problems now'. I said 'fantastic; I understand'; then I asked some useless questions for which I got the useless responses.

I sent a Thanks mail to Amazon recruiter; no response. After a week I send a reminder, no response.

Even while I was expecting a response from the recruiter, I got another interview from Amazon for a different program, but the same designation.

After the usual interview (45-50 mts), I asked the same question 'critical issues' with the program; this time I got some evasive responses. When I asked when will I know the result of this interview and subsequent process, the response was really interesting, "You will have to face 4 or 5 telephone interviews before being called for face to face interview!". It was a shocker for me; I felt, it is an insult. Should I waste my time for 4 or 5 telephone interviews?

I sent a Thanks mail to the 2nd recruiter. Also sent a reminder to the first recruiter. Both were mute.

Next after three weeks, I demanded (strong mail seeking) a response from the first recruiter; I got a response from the recruiter's boss. The 2nd one never responded; now it is three weeks since I was interviewed 2nd time. I have decided not to have any touch with Amazon ever again.

Amazon takes the candidates for a ride. They seem to think, the candidates are 'cheap' commodities, which they can pick and choose at their will. That's unprofessional and bad, and it will hurt Amazon in the long run; I guarantee it.

Interview Questions

• How will you solve internal team conflict?   1 Answer

AWS Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Very straight forward interview, lasted approx. 6 hours. They wanted to see my overall Infrastructure experience including. Data structures, sorting algorithms. All process took approx 30 days. They flew me over to Seattle where I stayed 2 days.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very fast process from initial resume submission to final determination. Several email questions with the internal recruiter followed by an hour long phone interview with hiring manager. This led to onsite interviews. The onsite was all day -- with a slate of 45 minutes interviews. There was not a lot of interaction, just mostly them asking questions but not engaging. This was very difficult, as many sales people utilize the feedback to drive conversations.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Also, required to give a presentation to a team of folks.   Answer Question

IT Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job through one of my contacts, and that was what got the process going which was very fast.

First interview was with a recruiter who was very nice and savvy, he gave me an advice which I didn't follow, "it is very important to research the Amazon leadership principles online", while I found what they are, I didn't pay attention to how should I reflect them in an interview.

Next was an interview with a peer, it was an easy one.

Third was the manager of the team, surprisingly he was so technical and despite answering his questions to his apparent satisfaction, I realized afterwards that I have failed and it will not move forward. I then got an email telling me that my candidacy is no longer being considered.

Amazon has very sharp and smart people, you will be surprised how technology savvy they are, don't think because the interviewer is a manager, he will not be technically deep.

Interview Questions

• It is not about the nature of the question, rather how you answer. while you are telling about your past experience, you need to make sure that you are demonstrating Amazon Leadership Principles, I can't stress on that enough... How you answer a question and appearing to not being inline with those principles will make you fail the interview.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Simply apply online and got a online test which is very simple (the most difficult question is insertion sort) After the online test, there's a 1-hour phone interview. And it's the final procedure.

For the phone interview, the interviewer first introduce himself and ask you to describe one project you've done. Then you're asked to solve two problems, with one for algorithm for sure. Then you can ask him a question.

The interviewer is very nice. But it's my fault to mess up the interview (too nervous for the first interview :( so I bet I'm rejected.

Interview Questions

• Give a similar one here: Find 4 numbers in an integer array and they sum zero   1 Answer

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two different phone screens, each 1 hour long. On-site interview (4 hours) with 5 members of the team. Mostly very good interview questions with likable people.

Did not get an offer, but was told it was close. Recruiter was quick to get back to me with results at the timeframe committed. Even though I didn't get a job offer, I was pleased with the process and how Amazon handled my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Basic coding and testing questions. What projects had I worked on? Left plenty of time for me to ask questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was through HireVue, where I have to record a series of short videos in both English and Spanish as well as provide a written response to a few questions in both languages. (Total of 7 questions).
    I pass the record interview, so I was invited for "on-site" interview. With 5 different people, 2 managers, 2 Investigation Lead and the recruiter with I was in contact. (This was like 30 min with each one). Most of the questions where behavioural, focus on what I achieved at my last job, how I handle difficult situations, which were my main responsibilities of my past role.

Interview Questions

• Share an example of how you engage people?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question
    • When you worked on multiple projects how did you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you used your own creativity to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you change your priorities to meet others’ expectations   Answer Question