Amazon.com

3.4

1,750 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was my 3rd interview for a position in amazon within 6 months. Really long process, so did a total of about 14 interviews with Amazon. The questions were behavioral with lot SQL questions asked which were very straight forward. Anyone with basic SQL knowledge can answer them. For the role I was offered, I had 2 rounds of phone interview and 6 rounds of interview on-site. Most of the questions were about my background and resume.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed for a business analyst position. The interviewer saw that I had a computer science background and asked me couple of coding questions. Both were simple codes to write   Answer Question
    No, I was not able to negotiate and Amazon does pay low for this role. But I really hated by current job so figured atleast try a change.

Customer Enablement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied for job on linkedin and to my surprise I got response almost right away for phone screening. Had a phone interview first then was called in for in person interview almost right away.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty straightforward: Why Amazon? Tell us about yourself. Why Amazon Web services?   View Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Several phone calls with recruiters leading up to a call with a hiring manager. Then in person interview - 7 hours with 6 different people from various areas. Asked for a writing sample but they give this to all interviewers so don't answer interview questions with similar story/example. Recruiter was nice during the day, providing lunch, water and bathroom breaks. One person called in to interview even though they were just down the street, thought that was odd.

Interview Questions
    • Someone asked for a whiteboard demonstration on how a process was handled. Full presentation/demonstration requested on topic that had not been discussed previously. Other questions typical behavioral interview questions and by 5th person and unexpected white board presentation, was burned out going over these details again.   Answer Question

Culture, people I interviewed with were extremely arrogant. Full day interview too much, was ready to leave half way through. Learn how to make a decision please. Recruiters however were great and very professional.

AML Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

The process is a day long scheduled interviews with 7 individuals from partnering departments. Each individual asked almost the exact same questions. I had researched regulations pertaining to the job but the interviewers were not interested in discussing upcoming regulation or best practice. When I was told that I was not chosen for the position they would give no feed back as to why.
    If you are flying out to interview plan on bringing at least $300 for cabs meals and other expenses, you will be reimbursed after the interview via direct deposit.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

I am a freshly graduated student and onsite was 5 rounds and three of them are OOD/System design, only two coding questions which is not hard. I wonder why there're so many design problems guess with bad luck.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

First we waited. Then we were brought to take some pizzas and talk with the interviewers. Then we took four back-to-back interviews. Some design and algorithm questions. I remember there is a leetcode problem that computing how many ways from upper left corner to bottom right corner with some obstacles in a matrix. I was also asked about some behavior questions. After the interview is done, the last interviewer brought me to go out. About one week later, I got the email that I still need to move on.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online and received a reply back about a month later. I took a timed programming test online which included writing two programs and answering a bunch of behavioral questions. I was then called in for the onsite interviews which went on for about 5 hours. Each interview consisted of writing at least one program on a whiteboard and a few technical questions.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

Very positive, good STAR questions. Do your homework and it will make it easier. Other reviews said there was a math portion, I didn't have one. Know a little about the people you meet, know a lot about the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were the old, tell me time. So practice, and say them out loud so you know what you sound like.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Recruiter was very responsive and pleasant. Great communication throughout the entire process. The interview onsite was very relaxed and I got a great feel for the work environment. Extremely nice people and smart. Great balance of technical questions as well as questions to get to know me on a personal level including my hobbies and interests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your work history. What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

Was pretty intense and tiring although I expected it to be like that. Passed through several phone interviews. Last interview was in person. They flew me to Seattle and paid for everything including pretty expensive hotel. I was given an option to stay for extra couple of days to get familiar with Seattle on Amazon's expense. Interview started from 10:30 AM and finished by 5 PM with 1 hour lunch brake. I had 7-8 individual interviews during that day. I talked to both groups of 2-4 people as well as individuals. Some of people we silent listeners, some of them actively participated in the interview process. Everybody was taking a lot of notes. I was asked sometimes the same question several times. I guess, it is difficult to sync between teams or they probed me whether I'll give them different answers? Got a lot of questions about people management, soft management skills. One of the interviews was completely dedicated to architecture so I needed to come up with high-level design of future Amazon sub-system. I think interview process was professional. I used lunch as a opportunity to talk to one of the Amazon employees and it was very helpful: I learned a lot about company itself (wasn't the person who interviewed me).
    Got a call from recruiter 4 days later that they are not ready to give me an offer. However they encouraged to try other positions in the company in half a year.