Amazon.com Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

3.4

2,009 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of phone call. there was a panel over phone that asked several qestions and gave scenario to bring out my understanding. asked me to send them my work samples to check my skills. asked me to wrote sql queries.

Interview Questions

• past experience, career objectives, skills   2 Answers

Got another offer.

Ad Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was one screen interview with HR. She mentioned that there would be two phone interviews and one in-person interview after. I didn't make it past the first phone interview, which lasted over an hour. She was very friendly.

User Experience Designer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of you standard phone screen and then an on-site interview with 7 people. The phone screen was about 30 minutes long with a recruiter and came fairly quickly after applying for the role. After this step, I had to give at least two weeks notice to setup my on-site interview, so if you have other offers on the table or are near the end of the process with other companies, this can be difficult. The on-site interview began with a one-hour portfolio review where you walkthrough some of your best projects in your portfolio and explain your decision-making to the team. Since this is self-lead, be sure to ask for any questions and comments as you display your portfolio pieces. After this session, I was interviewed by other designers, developers, researchers, and a team lead. I ended up whiteboarding in 3 of the 6 interview sessions with the 7th hour being lunch with an assigned buddy who is there to help you relax and take a breather between the interviews. You lunch buddy does not report anything up, so you can ask him/her anything you want in complete confidence.

Interview Questions

• Design a digital experience for a service/retail store. All of the behavioral questions revolve around the Amazon leadership principles, so be familiar with those.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience. The hiring manager was very responsive and transparent, did an awesome job in preparing me on what to expect during the interview. The interviewers were kind and friendly, with a positive attitude

Because of comp

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through employee referral, took an online assessment and then had a face-to-face group interview with other 50 other candidate. It was a very bizarre interview process that focused more on case studies, data analysis and presentation skills. It was an all-day interview which began with a basic business math course for an hour, and then a math test, lunch, and then a group case followed by a group presentation and concluded with a larger group case and presentation.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions or one-on-one questions, all case studies.   Answer Question

Web Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

30-45 min phone screen that consisted of mainly personality questions. A little bit on my background and the technologies that I have worked with. Explanation of the group and position that the interview is for. Timed, 2 hour, assessment test that consisted of one major question that was broken out into 5 parts. The implemented solution must obviously address the main problem while addressing all of the other parts of the question. It was a little frustrating that the "approved" languages were: Java, Python, Ruby and C++. But the sample code provided was in JavaScript and the problem required a JavaScript implementation. So, I wrote my implementation in JavaScript and sent a followup email to the Amazon recruiter explaining what and why I wrote it in JavaScript. She responded back stating that JavaScript was added to the list of languages. The onsite interview was pretty long, and apparently they had recently trimmed off a couple of hours. I was there for 6 hours and interviewed for 5 of them. I did sign a non-disclosure and will honor my agreement to not discuss what was asked/discussed in during the interview process onsite. I will say that it was in very in-depth; so make sure that you do your homework. Amazon does a really good job of providing a lot of documentation to help acclimate you to the interview process so please read it as it is important. Also, for the love of all things holy, know the time complexity of the code that you write! I have not received any word on whether or not they plan to proceed with me.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot but one of the generic questions was: Implement a SortedMap in JavaScript   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiting Manager "preps" you for the call with a Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager goes through job description, responsibilities and asks you questions about your background. There will be another phone interview, then they fly you to HQ for a live interview.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by an Amazon recruiter via linked in and replied back. After an informational screen, I've got scheduled for a coding exercise. Logistics of the coding exercise might vary by Amazon sub-org, or perhaps, candidate seniority level. I got 60 minutes to complete and submit a working solution to a moderately challenging algorithm/design problem. All interactions with the recruiting coordinator are handled via email: you get an email with several attachments describing the problem, and you are sending back a complete solution as an attachment in a reply. In about a week after I got an invite to a full round of onsites (very packed 9am -4:45pm). I had a team of senior, principle and director level engineers and managers on my interview loop, and the interviews were dominated by behavioral questions ("tell me about the time when...") with few moderately challenging technical questions added here and there. I did not expect to spend so little time on design/algorithms/coding portion of the interview to be honest. In a week or so I got a call from the recruiter telling me I aced the technical portion, but failed the behavior part without additional details. My guess I failed to showcase sufficient leadership skills and/or confidence required for the position, but who knows. I really enjoyed my interview experience with Amazon. My recruiter was extremely responsive, supportive and very courteous. I've enjoyed interacting with all of my interviewers as well.

Interview Questions

• Can't discuss specific questions due to NDA. I'd recommend practicing answering behavior questions, and brushing up on basics (graphs, trees, OO design).   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Phone call with an Amazon recruiter. 2. Phone interview with hiring manager that they called an "information session". 3. Technical phone interview with another TPM in the department. 4. All day onsite interviews with 7 people, 2 of which were bar "raisers". All of the stories on Glassdoor and other sites had me completely overwhelmed while preparing for this interview. At the end of the day, the interview was not much different than other large companies. There were no strange questions or code to write. I guess the difference was that I was qualified for the position with my technical background and years of experience. I had plenty of past projects to talk about and I was easily able to answer all of the technical questions. I left underwhelmed and disappointed that they did not "sell" the job to me. I sat in the same room for 5 hours, not including a 30min. lunch interview, and did not get a feeling of what it would be like to work there. Most jobs I interview for in the past gave me the "sell" and at a minimum walked me around. Not Amazon. They should really do better on the "sell" in order to keep attracting top talent. We all know they don't have any good perks, but give it some effort.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "tell me about a time" and behavioral. Lots of questions around the Amazon leadership principles. I was asked to design solutions to several given problems. They want to hear about your past project war stories and what you did.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

Interview

First I was screened by Amazon recruiter, then asked to complete work eligibility form online. Recruiter quickly scheduled the first technical interview. It was rescheduled once without problems. First technical interview was with my pier - AWS Solutions Architect over the phone. Then I reached out to recruiter and they said if the team decides to proceed further they will schedule one or two more phone interviews and then bring me in. It has been a week without any response so far.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions like what is CDN how does it work? What are different tiers of storage? What is the difference between SQL and NoSQL DBs?   Answer Question