Amazon.com

3.4

1,705 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2014.

Interview process is very intense with at least three phone screenings by HR recruiters and at least one interviewer. Then a day of interviews is scheduled on-site with at least 7 interviews each lasting 45 minutes. Knowing the tenants of the company or the Leadership principles is very important and making sure they are reflected in your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that your advice was not heeded and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2014.

One round online test and another onsite interview. Base on the really tech they are using on their website. And some algorithm with data structures. OODesign is very important. String and array, queue and stack, linked list and array list. Some self define data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2014.

I had a phone interview and online screening. Then I was selected for onsite interview. The onsite interview had 5 rounds. Two were design questions. Two were coding questions. One interview was with Hiring Manager. One of the design question was to determine the top ten clicks of the products in the Amazon.com website. I was asked which data structure I will be using for the problem and also how we will store it in the database.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin, had some email correspondence which was nice and quick, then a phone interview, after that I was given a programming test in Java using interviewzen. I had 4 hours to complete it. The programming test included writing a simple method, and make test cases for it.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2-3 phone screens, one grueling all day rotation designed to push you into areas you know nothing about. Interviewers, when asked whether or not they liked their jobs, they could not honestly say yes. Asked fermi questions, jogged to lunch (YES, REALLY). Ignored most of what I told them about myself.

The engineers who interviewed me were not trained in how to interview - they repeated questions, were dismissive, abusive, and generally irritated that they had to interview me. They were not comfortable hearing "I don't know" and insisted on pressing issues until I was frustrated. I don't know if this is an effective interview technique, but it was certainly an effective way for me to screen a prospective employer!

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls fit in a schoolbus?   View Answer

Sub-par salary, and the interviewers seemed to hate their jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Attended a hiring event on site. Was interning at another tech company and responded to an email mass mailed to my university regarding the event. Was flown out on their dime within a week. There were 4 separate interviews with one conducted by two engineers and another by an engineer and a manager. The interview was very simple and easy and left me expecting another round of interviews, but I received an offer within a week. I shared a cab with 3 other interviewees and they too were shocked by the basic interview questions. One was even very upset about the thought of another round of interviews given that he had a pending offer deadline. Everyone was very friendly though and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple and common interview questions. They should not have been able to differentiate candidates with at least basic competency. This is probably due to the hiring event. They were interviewing dozens of candidates onsite every week.   Answer Question

Salary compared to other offers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I felt that the interview was a waste of my time. The entire process was pretty negative. They made it very clear what I didn't have and my lack of qualifications to try to prepare me for a low offer. I left the interview feeling like I had been hit by a car. It is not an interview. It is an interrogation to beat you down so low you accept a low ball offer. There are so many other companies that treat their employees better and pay at market rate.

Interview Questions
    • Give me another example (they wanted multiple examples)   Answer Question

super low offer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Recruiter contacted via email for a phone screen. After the initial phone screen I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews with other departmental EA's.
    Last step was an in person loop at the Amazon offices to meet with 6 team member. I met 1 recruiter, 4 EA's and 2 Directors. It was a 5 hour loop.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer situational questions. Be specific about experiences with other positions and be thoughtful about your answers. Try to think of best and worst case experiences and how you dealt with those in your past and what you learned from each. Don't try to be a perfect specimen. Be human, be honest and be accountable for your experiences.   View Answer
    Still in the offer phase. Great experience so far. Getting to the in person interview took some patience, but it has moved very quickly to the offer stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I was approached by a recruiter, and talked to a hiring manager over the phone. In my experience, phone interviews are notoriously tricky to give but this man had supreme confidence in its effectiveness.

With no shared whiteboard, no facial cues, no real feedback, it was hard to understand not only the details of the question but also what he was driving at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Submitted my resume on the amazon jobs website for the entry level position as SDE or SDET. Got a response in two days inviting me for an onsite interview in Seattle. The onsite interview was in a form of a hackathon, was placed in a team of 3 and was asked to implement a piece of software together with other members of the team. Had one-on-one short interview sessions with the mentors regarding my approach to solving the given problem. Can't say specifically what the problem was about due to the NDA, in general was about data structures and object oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with a basic solution is not too hard, writing all the code in time is difficult, since the given problem is quite broad, very little time left for optimization and improvements.   Answer Question