Amazon.com

Employer Engaged

Amazon.com Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

The first call was a 20 minute screening call from HR to make sure I had interested. I then interviews with the hiring manager. I didn't get through the next round, but it would have been with another manager level person on team. The final round would have been the in-person in Seattle. The HR interview was simple. It was essentially to confirm whether what I said in my application was actually true. They asked me one question on my current role, to give an example, and I believe it was merely to make sure I was articulate and could speak to my skills confidently.

Interview Questions
  • The interview with the hiring manager was tough. Every example was broken down to the nitty gritty. The manager apologized beforehand and said that he would interrupt me, not to be rude, but to delve deeper into what I was saying. By nitty gritty I mean, actual excel functions I would perform to get to a certain point in the analysis. This was the difficult part because I realized that if my example was not rich or detailed enough, I would not have anything to say if the manager delved deeper beyond a point.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Never talked to a real recruiter. Dumped into a phone interview with who I thought was the recruiter and ended up being the hiring manager. Must be intentional to shake people up a bit!! The interview process was grueling to say the least. Hours of interviews answering the same questions over and over. It really felt like an interrogation and not a place where I felt welcomed to continue my career. The manager was argumentative and insulting. I was actually surprised I was offered that job. I declined due to the poor poor experience. Who would ever want to work for somebody like that?!!

Interview Questions
    • No specific question. Just rude, abrupt and lacking interpersonal skills.   Answer Question

The interview experience was terrible.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

The interview process reflected the company's focus on analytical skills. The company had well-established and robust processes, which were impressive. The HR team that interacted with me was courteous and helpful. They took into account my constraints and were flexible in adapting to them. I was impressed with their office and the complex.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a good report layout you would propose to senior management that helps analyze the business in a meaningful manner   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2011.

Its a month to 45 day process total from first HR email to final offer.

Interview Steps:
    1. Phone Technical Interview -- For Business Analyst on SQL, Excel, VBA, Data Analysis, Business KPI etc
    2. Phone Hiring manager Interview -- Similar to above but more business case studies and analysis than technical.
    3. Full day onsite Interview -- Expect 5 to 8 interviews with different people (various teams you will be working with). More technical and business questions. The first one would be with the HR and will be a soft skills interview.
    4. Lunch Interview with Hiring manager -- One of the 5 to 8 onsite interviews will be a lunch interview with the hiring manager.

Few personal/non-technical/business questions...Mostly technical and business questions.

Common non technical questions:
    1. Why Amazon?
    2. What work culture do you expect?
    3. Strengths and weaknesses
    Etc

Interview Questions
    • Explain a business analysis situation that you faced in your previous job that was most challenging and how did you tackle it and what did you learn and what was your strength to solve it?   View Answer
    Yes. Very small wiggle room for negotiation for the base pay. A big portion of Amazon compensation comes from RSU and Signon bonus. So if you want a good base pay, your biggest chance of getting it is during hiring. The yearly increase in base pay is very very small after employment.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Zunächst ein Telefoninterview mit dem Personalverantwortlichen. Musste ihm die Antwort auf eine Essayfrage senden: "Was ist der Ursprung oder Nutzen von Amazon Prime?" Hatte dann ein Interview mit 6 verschiedenen Leuten und eine Telefonkonferenz mit dem Personalverantwortlichen in Luxemburg und einigen Leuten aus seinem Team.

First a phone interview with the hiring manager. Had to send him the answer to an essay, "What is the source or profit with Amazon Prime?". Then had an interview with 6 different people and a phone conference with the hiring manager in Luxembourg and a few people on his team.

Interview Questions
    • Nicht wirklich schwierig, aber die eine, die immer wieder gefragt wurde, war: "Wenn Sie heute eine Entscheidung treffen müssten und nicht genug Datenmaterial hätten, was würden Sie tun?"   Not really difficult but the one that was asked over and over again was, "If you have to make a decision today, and you do not have enough data, what do you do?"   View Answer
    Es gab keine. Es war eher so: „Hier sind Gehalt und Einstiegsprämie. Wann können Sie beginnen?“