Amazon.com

3.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Employee referral then 2 phone interviews

Interview Questions
  • In a scenario where a customer delivery was wrong, one being out of stock the other being wrong item delivered, take me through the stpes to correct the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Senior Business Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Well organized, challenging, similar questions and situations posed over and over in different forms.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very similar and not unexpected if you do research - there wasn't anything completely off the wall. One interviewer was rather distracted I don't know if she wasn't enthusiastic about me or just too busy to interview but her interview was very hard her questions weren't pre planned at all but she didn't seem to know what to pick.   Answer Question

Senior Business Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

MBA on-campus interviewing: started with office hours, interview invites by resume, two interview days

Interview Questions
    • New product launched with accidentally discounted price tag. This is a new, prestigious vendor that you want to retain. Item went live and practically sold out. You lost tons of money for Amazon and the vendor. What are your next steps?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Combination of phone screens and in-person interviews. Very good, intelligent interviewers. HR Is quick to get back with scheduling and final answer.

Interview Questions
    • Usually focused on negotiations and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders   Answer Question
    Didn't try negotiating so not sure if this is possible but I think it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Was contacted and pre-screened by a recruiter who went through generic stuff on the phone. Fairly basic "tell me about yourself" type questions and salary questions.
    Was then contacted by a coordinator to get an interview time sorted out on the phone with the hiring manager.
    Interview with the hiring manager was very odd. Totally disengaged in the interview, job wasn't a good fit based on his description of the role compared to the job posting they sent and I wasn't actually interviewing for the role I thought it would be from the description. All told, very disorganized surprisingly.

Interview Questions
    • What are your THREE(3) best traits
      What are your THREE(3) worst traits
      What is your leadership style
      What would your team say about you
      Vendor calls you and has 10k of something for $10 per unit. do you buy it? (very strange and ambiguous. had to ask the interviewer 20 questions to get the information you need to actually answer the question)

Answer Question

Senior Business Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

I was a MBA student and applied this position through school job posting website. I was contacted by HR and HR arranged 2 first run phone interviews, 30 min/each.

Interview Questions
    • If the sales in market place suddenly dropped significantly, what would you think is the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

I had two phone interviews, followed by a round of four in-person interviews in Seattle. The phone interviews were fine (Amazon was not allowed to recruit in person at the time in certain states as a result of not collecting sales tax in those states).

Two of my four in-person interviews were fine, as well -- the interviewers were engaged and friendly. The other two, however, were not positive experiences. Both of them took notes on a laptop computer during the interview, which was an odd practice in a one-on-one interview because it creates a barrier between the two of you. Despite typing furiously, neither seemed very engaged. At one point, as I was in the middle of answering a specific question by telling a story from my background, I could see and hear the interviewer stop typing, lean in and look at the lower corner of his screen, click, and start reading something. Clearly an Outlook notice had popped up, and he was reading his email! I was tempted to stop and ask him if it was the culture at Amazon to do this type of thing when having one-on-one meetings with colleagues, or if he was only so disrespectful of prospective candidates. Unfortunately, I held my tongue. This is symptomatic of a generally arrogant culture I observed there.

I didn't mention that I was flown out the night before my interviewers so that I could make it to morning interviews. When I arrived for those interviews at 9am, I was told that the schedule had changed and I was now scheduled for afternoon interviews at 1pm. Luckily my return flight was late enough to accommodate the change, but I hadn't needed to fly out the night before. So I walked around Seattle for four hours, which was enjoyable, but it was another sign to me of arrogance and lack of respect of others and others' time on the part of the folks at Amazon.

Interview Questions
    • You work in the DVD department. How would you determine what the sales are going to be this year on Black Friday?   Answer Question

I was turned off by the culture I experienced through the interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

2 initial phone interviews, 1 consisting of typical behavioral questions and the 2nd of case questions. 2nd round was onsite interview with 4 interviewers. All case-based questions for 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Amazon is preparing to move from their old campus to their new one in Seattle. They are looking for someone to oversee the entire project. You will be presenting to the board 1 week on your plan. What do you present and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

The screening and interview process was quickly and efficiently handled. During the same week as the initial recruiter call, I took a phone screen by the hiring manager and received tickets to Seattle within two weeks for the in-person interview series. I spoke with five people consecutively in back-to-back interviews and was impressed with the offices and results-oriented culture.

Interview Questions
    • In my third interview, I was asked how I would handle a loosely outlined "hypothetical" scenario in the prospective position (which had not previously existed at Amazon). I inferred that a similar scenario in the past had caused this particular interviewer some personal or professional frustration.   View Answer

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Recruiting process was a complete mess. 9 months after application they contacted me for a position that I did not applied to. Communications are via email and after doing a first online test on analytical skills, it took 10 days to fix a first interview by phone (they changed the date twice).
    My interviewer showed very little interest on the conversation, he did not answer my questions and barely spoke.
    I would have expected people from Amazon to be enthusiastic about what they do. A week later I received and email with no feedback about our interview.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my knowledge on e-commerce, news in the press, etc.   Answer Question