Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interview, one with Sr. manager and one with finance Director. The next day they invited me to fly to Seattle for on site interview which had 5 people to interview me. one of them was the bar raiser, who asked lots of questions about your past experience.

Interview Question – deep dive on one of your project that you have done in your previous company, asked lots of question about how you did it, why you did that way and what are the outcomes.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone interview. Chatted with the hiring manager for like an hour. The questions were mostly around their leadership principles. They really want to find the candidate who's got the Amazon DNA.

Interview Question – 1. Explain the most complicated Excel model you've created.
2. Describe a time that you disagree with your team and you were wrong, how did you handle it?
3. Describe a situation where you take calculated risks.
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2010.

Interview Details – Amazon's hiring process is pretty intense and extensive. You will get at a minimum 2 phone interviews and if you do well in those be passed on to a hiring event. At the hiring event you will interview with several interviewers each diving into a different area of competency.

Interview Question – Tell me what your most complicated excel model looked like. Walk me through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Expect behavioral interviews, no case type questions, with a focus on the leadership tenants. A quick search online will tell you those tenants, and then try and tie your answers to the questions back to specific examples from your experience that answer the question, and highlight a desired leadership tenant. Focus on what you did specifically, don't get lost in team/group accomplishments.

Interview Question – In general have the details for your answers. What were the results, how did you gather data. It will be very obvious to the interviewer if you're not being truthful because they will ask specific follow up questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate more stock in initial offer.

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and another one from someone from the team. The interviews are highly behavioral (why amazon, tell me about a time when you solved a problem using financial analysis, etc) and usually include only one technical question (what factors would you consider when building a new fulfillment center, how would you price amazon prime, etc), but the difference is that second interviewer will really grill you on the details in your behavioral stories. Know your resume in detail and have stories prepared on each of amazon's leadership principles. They are pretty late on following up with the decision and don't provide feedback.

Interview Question – How did you manage to land your previous job?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – After a first round interview in the morning, I was asked to come in for the final interview later in the afternoon or the following morning. I liked that the entire interview process was very quick. I was asked a lot of specific questions about their services such as Amazon prime and Amazon locker--you need to be familiar with Amazon's services in order to do well.

Interview Question – In the final round, I was given a pricing strategy question to complete on Excel which I had difficulty with because I did not know the excel function needed to compile the raw data I was given. Make sure you know your excel functions before heading into the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – HR person was very helpful in guiding me through several open positions and which she felt I would be best suited for. Then quickly sent me job descriptions to review and I could make my decision. Then the follow up to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager was very quick. Interview with hiring manager was very professional and thorough and I was able to ask questions as well.

Interview Question – Providing an example of project that did not go as well as I expected.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Amazon is high efficiency in the whole process. I was interviewed in campus after 1 month of the resume deadline. Day1 for R1 and Day2 for R2. R2 lasted three hours.

Interview Question – Lots of small cases such as problem solving questions and how do u make a decision questions. Behavior questions are tough as well.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Hiring process took about three weeks. After the standard two phone interviews, I got an on-site interview. Everyone was very interested and open. The conversations were challenging and everyone was on their a-game. I enjoyed the challenge during the interviews and actually just had great conversations. In the end I did not get an offer because not everyone was convinced the gap in specific experience could be bridged without much training.

Interview Question – Evolving around the news and what your thoughts are about this/ what you would do differently   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by HR, phone interview

Interview Question – Why amazon?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!