Amazon.com Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

35 interviews

3.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR, phone interview

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied through campus. There were two 30 minute interviews over phone on the first round.

The first ten minutes of both the screening interviews involved introductions, describing my experience etc..

The first interviewer then asked me some behavioral questions like tell me about a situation when you led a team, Why is this significant, What did you do to not get bogged down by details and concentrate on the bigger picture etc.. The second interview was largely a case.

I was invited for the second round to Seattle where I had four interviews. Three behavioral rounds mostly asked about my experience and difficult situations. There was excel exercise which required some data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • The excel exercise was specially tough for me. It is NOT related to finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

8 Hour interview process with no breaks in between. All interviews are waiting outside the room and ready to start as soon as your current interview is finished.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to save me $10 Million   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

First rounds were pretty basic. They just asked me about my resume, not a whole lot of behavioral questions. Mild case questions, just "walk me through your line of thought," style. The second rounds, in their Seattle offices, were intense. They were very probing into behavioral interview stories, and they asked lots of case questions. They were not super clear about what things meant - I've also interviewed with consulting firms, known for difficult case questions, and I've found their approach more straightforward than Amazons. I think their interviewers are told to be tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2010.

The interview process is based on a full day interview with individuals who focus on the core competencies of the company. You will have 5-7 interviews in one day that will focus on each competency.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers are challenged to dive deep and ask the same line of questioning in a different way in order to identify your true strengths.   Answer Question
    They automatically give the base salary of your last position. They will also give you a signing bonus if you are salaried

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

Four interviews on day 1, 2 more on day 2.

Interview Questions
    • Would you ever recommend a project that had a negative NPV?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Lengthy and tiring

Anonymous Employee  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

When I applied online, they had about an hour of personality and critical thinking tests. Weeks after that, I finally got an email from HR about doing a phone interview with a current Senior Financial Analyst at Amazon.com. After that interview, they scheduled another phone interview for the next day... And then another phone interview the day after that.

After the third phone interview, they decided to fly me out to one of the fulfillment centers. There, I had multiple interviews with different "Amazonians" from different areas. Each one focused on a few of the Amazon core values, with targeted questions to check my "fit". Finally, there was a tour of the fulfillment center with a couple of Financial Analysts who were constantly asking me "What do you notice?" and "Do you have any questions?". Basically, testing to see if I had that natural curiosity.

In the end, I didn't fit with the position (although I thought that should have been figured out through the three phone interviews), and I got the rejection email a few hours after the interview.

Hard to give a "Positive" interview experience when they didn't give you an offer, but they weren't crazy interviewers or anything.

Interview Questions
    • We did some data analysis and noticed that the phase of the moon was directly correlated to the productivity of our fulfillment center staff. What could be causing that?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

I was contacted by HR recruiter after having submitted my resume through my inside contact at Amazon.
    The recruiter called to set me up for a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager in the following week.
    The phone interview started without any preemble of position descrition and company. The interviewer jumped right into some case analysis question and asked how I would approach gathering necessary data to prepare the case analysis. The interviewer seemed very disingaged, and there was loud background noise as if he was conducting the interview in a cafeteria. All in all, I was disappointed about the experience and the recruiting process went cold form there on.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used Amazon web site to buy a product or service? what do you like or dislike about the website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

1) 40 minute phone screen by hiring manager (senior manager level)
    2) 30 minute phone screen by another senior manager in the organization
    3) 5 hours of on site interviews, 30 minutes with a director, 30 minutes with a senior manager, 30 minutes with another senior manager, a lunch interview with the hiring manager, and two more 30 minute interviews with managers. There was a 30 minute break due to last minute scheduling adjustments. I was scheduled to meet with dept VP but that did not happen.