Amazon.com Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

The recruiters that I talked to were so great and I was surprised I heard back from them, the HR leader that I spoke to was a different story. After the recruiter confirmed that the phone interview would be at 3:30, I didn't get called until 4:30. She asked me to explain my current work situation and in that discussion I explained to her why I was hoping to leave the company, and she said that she understood and it was time for the interview questions now, her first question was why do I want to leave the company... 15 minutes in, she apologizes and puts me on hold for another call and then says she has to go and that we could resume the interview the next day. The questions she asked were so horribly stupid I couldn't wait to get off the phone, I completely checked out and wasn't surprised to hear that I didn't get the position. I couldn't be happier, I wouldn't be able to handle working for somebody like that

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you lost somebody's trust at work and had to gain it back   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online. Two days later I received a questionnaire as well as schedule for possible times available for an interview. A week later I received an email saying they had gone in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in exploring new opportunities at this time and why Amazon specifically?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

The first response from the company after submitting my appliaction online was a queestionnaire which consisted of 5-6 questions to determine if I was a good fit for the job. The questions were very general in nature (i.e. Why would you like to work for Amazon?, Minimum Salary expectations?, etc.). About 3 weeks passed and I received another email invitation to for a phone interview with a recruiter at the comapany's headquarters. This consisted of a basic "Tell me about Yourself" type questions and a few behavioral questions. In about 3 days I was invited to meet with the hiring manager in person at the company's fulfillment center. This interview was completely behavioral based questions and lasted roughly 2 hours. 1 hour was spent touring the facility while the last hour was spent interviewing with a team of 2 managers. Overall, the interview process was somewhat lengthy but well worth it after receiving a great offer! I do however wish there was more communication regarding the actual hours of the position as there were several shifts for the positon I wasn't prepared to accept.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!