Amazon.com Senior Product Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

99 interviews

3.5

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

I was first contacted by an Amazon HR recruiter, who then set up a telephone interview with the hiring manager upon confirmation of my interest in the role. The interview focused on previous experiences and resulting strengths and weaknesses. There was a brief introduction to the role being filled and team structure, as well as opportunity for Q&A at the end. The tone was friendly throughout.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Senior Product Manager Interview

Process was very straight forward; series of 2 or 3 phone interviews, followed by 1 round of an all-day in-person.

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Recruited On-Campus First. Interview was hard. Case-Based and pushed a lot into every characteristic of the case

Interview Questions
    • You go into the elevator and the CEO of a company Amazon wants to work with is there. Give me a 30 second pitch you would give him to get business from them. Second Round was 4, 45 minute interviews with different product managers at amazon. If you do badly in one you are basically done. I think all four of them have to say yes in order for you to get an offer. It's hard. They are very behavioral and ask about negotiations skills, teamwork, you must be metric oriented, etc. It's one of the toughest companies to interview with.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 rounds. First round is on campus. Second round is at Amazon.

Senior Product Manager Interview

The HR team seems very prompt & driven by SLAs. They are quick to respond, set up interviews & turn back around with thumbs up or down. The interviewers tend to be a mix of hiring managers, peers/ team members & stakeholders. i am in the prelim stages of the interview process having completed a number of phone screens.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty standard - success/failure type questions, resume walk, tell me about a time with occasional cases thrown in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 phone rounds, one onsite round with 5 interviews. One written essay before the on-site round.
    All rounds had case questions, except the one with the Director where he asked strategy related questions.

2 phone rounds followed by 4 onsite back to back rounds

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product you admire and how would you simplify it   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

6 interviews. All on campus from B School - Focused on leadership, quick thinking/decision making, product thoughts and design

None

Senior Product Manager Interview

4 business case interviews around product prioritization, managing relationships with dev team, business development, and market sizing. Fairly structured process, all interviews focused partly on why amazon and why now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I really enjoyed this. Some might find it daunting, but I got the chance to meet nine amazingly talented people in one afternoon. The questions were targeted and deep and engaging. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!