Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
94 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I really enjoyed this. Some might find it daunting, but I got the chance to meet nine amazingly talented people in one afternoon. The questions were targeted and deep and engaging. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about analytics.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – Two 30 minutes phone interviews. Combination of case-type situational questions and fit questions.

Interview Question – Question surrounding a very specific launch of a product.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – I received initial communication from a recruiter that arranged a phone call with the hiring manager. I had a 45min interview with the hiring manager. Later I was called in for a whole day of interviews. During this period, HR called me and informed me the type of the interview and what the interviewers are looking in the interviewee. Mostly be prepared for STAR stories around Amazon leadership principles. This happened pretty fast in two days. I was flown in the following week.

I did not know who I was meeting, but the whole day was filled with 45minute interviews with 5-6 interviewers.

Most of the interview is straightforward. Questions are situational, behavioral and leadership oriented.

Interview Question – There are questions from strategy, market sizing, pricing and some technical questions around the position you are interviewing.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied via Amazon.com's website. Several weeks later I was contacted by the hiring manager to confirm that I am truly interested in the position. He then had someone in HR arrange a 1 hour telephone interview with him. The interview was probably 50/50 questions relating directly to the position and questions relating to my skills/methods as a product manager. Although I felt that I had answered the questions well, I could tell that he lost his enthusiasm with my candidacy by the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself 5-10 years from now?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – There are two rounds. Two interviewers in the first round and four interviewers in the second round. First round is phone interview and second round is face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – What do you think about the offering of discount on gift wrap?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – First round: I had a couple of 30min phone interviews with product managers. I have been asked general questions such as "why Amazon" and "Why product management". In the first interview I had a mini-case question and in the second one I was given a market sizing question.

Final round: I was invited to Seattle for a final round interview. I had 4 interview with different people, about 45 minutes each. I was asked lots of fit/personal experience questions: "tell me about a time you had to explain a technical issue to senior management", "what is your most significant career achievement", etc. Also some Amazon-specific questions: "what is your favorite Amazon product and why", "why Amazon" etc. Each interviewer also gave me at least one mini case, e.g. "how would you design an online billing system", "how would you change an Amazon webpage to increase sales".

Interview Question – Suppose that Amazon was to build a robot and offer it online through Amazon.com. How would you decide which features to include in it?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 phone rounds, one onsite round with 5 interviews. One written essay before the on-site round.
All rounds had case questions, except the one with the Director where he asked strategy related questions.

Interview Question – How will you improve the iphone   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – The HR team seems very prompt & driven by SLAs. They are quick to respond, set up interviews & turn back around with thumbs up or down. The interviewers tend to be a mix of hiring managers, peers/ team members & stakeholders. i am in the prelim stages of the interview process having completed a number of phone screens.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty standard - success/failure type questions, resume walk, tell me about a time with occasional cases thrown in.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 rounds. First round is on campus. Second round is at Amazon.

Interview Question – Data orientated.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – I'd like to respect the NDA that I signed so I can't dispense the details. However I can give an overview of the interview structure.

Phone Call 1 - Screening with the recruiter
Phone Call 2 - 45 mins interview with a very level Manager
Phone Call 3 - 45 mins interview with another manager

Flown to Seattle after 2 weeks.
6 back to back interview of 45 mins each.

Get an email from the Recruiter, that they had "very positive" feedback from the team, and that they want to discuss the next steps.

I call them, and am told that the entire team had very positive feedback but they had new developments. Thus, they are going ahead with an internal applicant.

Positives:
Loved the whole interview process. Right from the interviews till my logistics of travel - everything was handled in a very professional manner. Loved the interview panel - extremely pumped up and smart Amazonians. I was asked me a lot of brain teasing questions.

Negatives:
Be very careful. After all the energy you spend in going through interviews, the travels and so on, you might have gotten all the positive feedback form the interview panel, yet they might say they cant hire you because of "other" reasons.

Interview Question – Mostly situational questions, but can't go specific since I'd like to respect the NDA.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com