Amazon.com Senior Product Manager MBA Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Communicating with HR:
Recruitment Team was extremely helpful and accommodating to my schedule. I had an expiring offer to deal with when Amazon first contacted me and they were able to squeeze the entire process into one week and conduct final rounds via Skype rather than a traditional office visit. I don't want to say that future applicants should expect the Recruitment Team to bend over backwards like this but it reflected very positively that they were so helpful.

1st Round:
2 half-hour interviews back-to-back. There was absolutely no small talk, interviewers asked rapid fire questions, flipping back and forth between "tell me about a time when..." and strategic/scenario questions. I was asked something like "if you were going to launch Amazon Streaming, how would you go about it" and then I walked through it methodically like a consulting interview.

2nd Round:
4 45-minute interviews back-to-back. Same style as the 1st Round, just longer and more intense. Each person asked a mix of behavioral and strategic case questions. For behavioral, they are definitely looking for specific examples of working across departments, taking initiative, making decisions with very little or ambiguous data, and working with numbers/databases. The case questions were pretty interesting and relevant for the position:
- You've been charged with getting a Sports Uniforms and Equipment retail product off the ground. How would you do it?
- Jeff Bezos gives you $10M to start a business unit; what would you do?
- Amazon is considering leveraging its video library in a free, ad-supported format like Hulu; will it work?

Dress neatly but casually and don't hide your personality!

Interview Questions
  • Jeff Bezos gives you $10M to start a business unit; what would you do?   Answer Question
Did not negotiate, not sure you can (the default terms were very attractive anyway)