Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
9 people found this helpful
Senior Product Manager MBA Intern Interview
I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.
Communicating with HR:
Recruitment Team was extremely helpful and accommodating to my schedule. I had an expiring offer to deal with when Amazon first contacted me and they were able to squeeze the entire process into one week and conduct final rounds via Skype rather than a traditional office visit. I don't want to say that future applicants should expect the Recruitment Team to bend over backwards like this but it reflected very positively that they were so helpful.
2 half-hour interviews back-to-back. There was absolutely no small talk, interviewers asked rapid fire questions, flipping back and forth between "tell me about a time when..." and strategic/scenario questions. I was asked something like "if you were going to launch Amazon Streaming, how would you go about it" and then I walked through it methodically like a consulting interview.
4 45-minute interviews back-to-back. Same style as the 1st Round, just longer and more intense. Each person asked a mix of behavioral and strategic case questions. For behavioral, they are definitely looking for specific examples of working across departments, taking initiative, making decisions with very little or ambiguous data, and working with numbers/databases. The case questions were pretty interesting and relevant for the position:
- You've been charged with getting a Sports Uniforms and Equipment retail product off the ground. How would you do it?
- Jeff Bezos gives you $10M to start a business unit; what would you do?
- Amazon is considering leveraging its video library in a free, ad-supported format like Hulu; will it work?
Dress neatly but casually and don't hide your personality!
- Jeff Bezos gives you $10M to start a business unit; what would you do? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Engineer (698)
- Software Development Engineer (614)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (192)
- Area Manager (140)
- Software Developer (130)
- Senior Product Manager (99)
- Intern (86)
- Senior Software Engineer (76)
- Software Development Engineer I (76)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Operations Manager (69)
- Product Manager (61)
- Technical Program Manager (57)
- Software Development Engineer II (56)
- Software Development Manager (54)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (45)
- Warehouse Associate (43)
- Program Manager (40)
- Financial Analyst (39)
- Senior Financial Analyst (35)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Business Analyst (29)
- Support Engineer (28)
- Brand Specialist (26)
- Senior Vendor Manager (26)
- Vendor Manager (25)
- Engineering (23)
- Financial Analyst Intern (22)
- Fulfillment Associate (21)
- Technical Project Manager (20)