Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

193 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews back to back. Really smooth process and got a response back quickly!

Interview Question – Sometimes the interviewer would not talk, but it is to let you do all the talking.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. Relatively easy questions related to data structures, algorithms, OOP concepts as mentioned in the recruiter's email. Nothing too surprisingly or out of the ordinary.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through Amazon website. Got a call within a week to schedule 2 phone interviews. First round was programming and was asked to use online tool for programming. Questions were about Data Structures, Algorithms, Linked Lists. They were easy and can be completed in few minutes. Second round was verbal. Questions were asked about Operating Systems, TCP, UDP, Java. It was like a rapid fire round. Need to answer quickly.

Interview Question – Questions asked in Second round was unexpected. I was expecting programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview which had 2 back to back rounds and it was more about data structures, trees and graphs. Although the question was simple all they wanted was the more efficient one.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was the most efficient algorithm   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in September and got an email to schedule a phone call in December. Had 2 back to back 45 minute phone interviews with engineers.

Each interview had asked about projects you've worked on (personal projects preferably) and 2 data structure/algorithm questions like the ones found on career cup and they were coded on collabedit (they also had 5-10 minutes for questions at the end). They weren't insanely difficult, manageable in the time frame given. My first interview I only completed the first question (a little hard) as I got stuck and had we spent a good deal of time talking about my projects. Second interview spent less time discussing projects and more time coding and I finished the 2 questions quiet fast and we had a lot of time left so I got asked detailed questions on the language I choose (Python) and some light OS questions related to the runtime.

2 weeks later (accounting for the Christmas/Holiday break) I got an email from a recruiter saying I've received an offer. Spoke with the recruiter for 15 minutes on the phone discussing the offer and she made sure I was happy with it and answered any questions for me. I also didn't get to choose my team, but I got placed in the one I wanted anyways.

Interview Question – Describe how recursion isn't always efficient.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, offer was beyond expectations. Very satisfied with salary, housing, and team. Start/end dates were flexible.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two 45 minute interviews. Applied through website, got an email in 10 days saying, they want to schedule an interview. They intimated a day before the interview.

Interview Question – Question regarding how to retrieve the second highest repeated number in array
the second question was how to print the nodes of binary tree level wise
  View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up 2 phone interviews. I had 2 coding questions where I had to code on my screen on collabedit.com. One was write a program that returns the nth fibonacci number and another was write a program that merges 2 linked lists.

Interview Question – Write a program that merges two Linked Lists   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Applied through Career Fair and was called for on-campus interview. There were 2 rounds. Both of them were technical. They asked a total of 4 questions. Each interview lasted for about an hour roughly. In both the rounds, the interviewers asked couple of question related to my resume and then moved onto technical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or out of the blue. The question topic included Linked List, Binary Search Tree, HashMap and Bit Manipulation. Although tricky, questions were doable in given amount of time   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – two phone interviews then offer

Interview Question – easy questions, how to reverse a string, iteratively and recursively, and given an integer in base 10, convert to a given base   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair in my college, and they said I need to apply online. So, I applied online and got 2 phone interviews. After 2 phone interviews, it took about 2 weeks to get the final decision back from them with an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were just technical questions... not really hard questions..   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com