Amazon.com

3.1

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

applied in career fair
Normal process

Interview Questions
  • Asked two questions
    1. sort using sliding window
    2. binary search functional program

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Just had one phone interview. was about create all the strings of balanced parenthesis

Software Developer Intern Interview

Very good interview process, co-operative team who always keeps students updated.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I applied online in Jan 2014. Received an email from recruiter about setting up two phone interviews, each of 45 minute length. The recruiter was supposed to send me a follow up email about which areas the questions will cover etc. but it was sent after the first interview started.
    The interviews were back to back with 15 minute break between them.

The questions were purely technical and only one of the interviewers asked about why I would like to work in Amazon, I think it was more to do with starting a conversation than taking any notes from my answers.

Both interviewers for the first 10 minutes asked questions on some basic algorithms, their complexities and Maps etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were something on the lines of,
      - Given a tree, output levelwise nodes (Ans: It was actually the BFS algorithm, but I didn't realize it at that time)
      - Find first unique substring (In O(n)) (Ans: Use counting sort variant)
      - Convert an array into balanced binary search tree (Ans: First sort the array, then use recursive algorithm after splitting the array at mid, and using the mid as a node)
      - From two arrays N and M find the combinations that add up to say X (Ans: I was drained by the time second interview started, so the only answer I came up with was of O(n2) complexity i.e. using two FOR loops)

Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. 2 interviews were scheduled back to back. Both the interviewers were rather nice and helpful and even offered feedback. The interviews started of with general conversation and moved on to asking to write pseudocode in colabedit.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to know the big 0 for the worst case and average cases for different sorting algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

normal algorithms questions, like find word freq, reverse linked list, out put a tree in level order, have to be familiar with the data structures and algorithms, also have ques about tesing and ood, like what is the difference between interface and abstact class, how hash map works so on, what is unit test, things like that

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I applied during my university career fair. After around two week I got email for n campus interview having two back to back round. Both rounds were technical (45 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All the question were from algorithms and data structures   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

I have been asked to setup two phone interviews for which date and time slots are given.Both are 45min interviews back to back with a gap of 15min in between.
    The first interviewer has not asked about any personal details but asked a method to find whether the given string of braces are balanced or not.I have approached it the right way taking stack datastructure but i was stuck with the balancing of them.So,I was asked a second question to find whether there is cycle in linked list.
    The second interviewer was pretty cool.She started with some of the personal questions regarding me,my previous job and the course work.Then she asked me to design a program to find common strings from two arrays of strings given.She has also asked optimize the time complexity for this solution.The second question was to find whether two given binary trees are identical are not.
    Overall the experience was great.Be prepared in advance so that you can crack it easily.

Interview Questions
    • The question in which i need to find whether two given binary trees are identical are not.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

2 phone interviews 45 minutes each

Interview Questions
    • An arrays of integers is there which has all elements present odd number of times, only one element is present even number of times, find the number.   View Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Applied mid-Jan. Got an email invitation for a phone interview one week from applying. Standard two back-to-back interviews, 45 minutes each.
    Both interviews started out with basic data structures question and moved on to coding for the last 20 minutes. Questions ranged from Queues vs Stacks, Time complexities to perform all sorts of operations on Graph structures to what data structure to use given a particular situation.
    Coding problems were easy (Merge two linked lists) but I screwed up the syntax a bit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, really. Tricky in a way maybe, if you miss a detail, but if you are alert, you will sail through.   Answer Question