Amazon.com

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.4

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Telephone Interview
- Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes)
- Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.)
- Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview.

Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Went quickly after submitting a resume. The phone interview was the toughest of those I've had, covered the broadest range of questions instead of one problem in detail. Shared document for part of that. It went well and an onsite interview was scheduled very quickly afterward. It was the one dog-friendly office I visited, which would've been nice :)

Interview Questions
    • NDA covers exact questions. Coding on a whiteboard, both design and algorithm coding questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied in university career services, two 45-min interviews on campus.
    Generally not hard.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Through a friend's recommendation I was able to secure an interview for the position. Unfortunately they gave me only a day's notice to prepare for the interview, which made things a bit more stressful. I had two 45 minute technical interviews, back to back, with each interviewer asking several technical questions over the course of the interview. There was nothing unexpected, as many of the questions they asked were available on this site as well as others.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult may have been things regarding design patterns, mostly because I had not previously studied them in class and could not describe any.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I gave my resume in at a career fair and was asked to come in for on-site interviews. It was one interview then I was called back for 2 hours of 3 more similar interviews. All were similar, introduce yourself, general technical questions then a coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Implement insert and delete for a trinary tree.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Online assesement
    1)Code to merge a 2 sorted linked lists
    2)find the duplicates in an array
    3)Given a 2d matrix print the path with the maximum score form 00 to m*n

Interview Questions
    • Online assesement
      1)Code to merge a 2 sorted linked lists
      2)find the duplicates in an array
      3)Given a 2d matrix print the path with the maximum score form 00 to m*n
        Answer Question

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I applied online and then again at my university's career fair. They took about a week and a half to get back t me. Two 45 minute phone interviews, each purely technical. Each person asked about three quick OOP questions and then a couple of coding exercises.

Interview Questions
    • Find all the phone numbers on a page with a single command   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through linked in. Got call after a week. Question were on C++, algorithms and datastructure

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2 technical interviews . 1st round was tough with algorithms and time complexity questions. second was a better with brain teasers and simple questions ... you will be made to write code on the white board