Amazon.com Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.4

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The whole process took 45 min. There are 3 programming questions which took 35min. Then asked about behavior questions. There is only one interview which is final round. But I don't think I did well. They really think highly of the programming algorithm skills since they always ask about how to do it faster.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I went to the career fair of my University. I handed my resume after a month I got an email that their on campus interview in 2 days. The interview was straight forward, two 45 minutes interviews.They started interview about asking question from my resume, and Why Amazon??. There were couple of technical interview questions they asked to code in comfortable language. In one interview they asked to write and code to find pair from array sums to 10. The other interview question was to reverse a linked list.

Software Development Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair. The whole process took about two weeks. Interviewer are helpful and nice. The problems are common algorithm problems including data structures. The interview consist of two parts and each part took 45 mins.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

I applied during a college career fair. I was approach a month later asking to give an online assessment within a week. Once i cleared that a phone interview was scheduled. That was the last round.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the online assessment round. It had 2 coding question which can be done in C, C++ or java. It also had about 25 analytical questions which are pretty easy.The next round would be a face-to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about the printing all the permutations of a word. The second one was related to bitwise operators   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through University website. Was later called for a on-campus interview. I had 2 rounds of face-to-face interviews. Questions asked were regarding arrays in one interview and binary trees in another. They were not very difficult but they check for the corner cases and ask you to design the test cases to try and break the code. One interviewer asked me about my projects a little and then asked me about a cache design.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview
    - Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes)
    - Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.)
    - Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview.

Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Went quickly after submitting a resume. The phone interview was the toughest of those I've had, covered the broadest range of questions instead of one problem in detail. Shared document for part of that. It went well and an onsite interview was scheduled very quickly afterward. It was the one dog-friendly office I visited, which would've been nice :)

Interview Questions

• NDA covers exact questions. Coding on a whiteboard, both design and algorithm coding questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Applied in university career services, two 45-min interviews on campus.
    Generally not hard.