Amazon.com

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.4

Software Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

The whole process took 45 min. There are 3 programming questions which took 35min. Then asked about behavior questions. There is only one interview which is final round. But I don't think I did well. They really think highly of the programming algorithm skills since they always ask about how to do it faster.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I went to the career fair of my University. I handed my resume after a month I got an email that their on campus interview in 2 days. The interview was straight forward, two 45 minutes interviews.They started interview about asking question from my resume, and Why Amazon??. There were couple of technical interview questions they asked to code in comfortable language. In one interview they asked to write and code to find pair from array sums to 10. The other interview question was to reverse a linked list.

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Applied through University website. Was later called for a on-campus interview. I had 2 rounds of face-to-face interviews. Questions asked were regarding arrays in one interview and binary trees in another. They were not very difficult but they check for the corner cases and ask you to design the test cases to try and break the code. One interviewer asked me about my projects a little and then asked me about a cache design.

Telephone Interview
    - Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes)
    - Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.)
    - Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview.

Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Went quickly after submitting a resume. The phone interview was the toughest of those I've had, covered the broadest range of questions instead of one problem in detail. Shared document for part of that. It went well and an onsite interview was scheduled very quickly afterward. It was the one dog-friendly office I visited, which would've been nice :)

Interview Questions
    • NDA covers exact questions. Coding on a whiteboard, both design and algorithm coding questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied in university career services, two 45-min interviews on campus.
    Generally not hard.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Through a friend's recommendation I was able to secure an interview for the position. Unfortunately they gave me only a day's notice to prepare for the interview, which made things a bit more stressful. I had two 45 minute technical interviews, back to back, with each interviewer asking several technical questions over the course of the interview. There was nothing unexpected, as many of the questions they asked were available on this site as well as others.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult may have been things regarding design patterns, mostly because I had not previously studied them in class and could not describe any.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I gave my resume in at a career fair and was asked to come in for on-site interviews. It was one interview then I was called back for 2 hours of 3 more similar interviews. All were similar, introduce yourself, general technical questions then a coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Implement insert and delete for a trinary tree.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Online assesement
    1)Code to merge a 2 sorted linked lists
    2)find the duplicates in an array
    3)Given a 2d matrix print the path with the maximum score form 00 to m*n

Interview Questions
    • Online assesement
      1)Code to merge a 2 sorted linked lists