Amazon.com Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Apply Online. I got a reply after a month. There were 2 rounds. Online Coding round and then phone interview. Coding round was pretty easy. There were 7 coding questions and each one of them had either syntax error or logical error.

Interview Questions

• Remove Common Elements from Array   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The whole process took 45 min. There are 3 programming questions which took 35min. Then asked about behavior questions. There is only one interview which is final round. But I don't think I did well. They really think highly of the programming algorithm skills since they always ask about how to do it faster.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I went to the career fair of my University. I handed my resume after a month I got an email that their on campus interview in 2 days. The interview was straight forward, two 45 minutes interviews.They started interview about asking question from my resume, and Why Amazon??. There were couple of technical interview questions they asked to code in comfortable language. In one interview they asked to write and code to find pair from array sums to 10. The other interview question was to reverse a linked list.

Software Development Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair. The whole process took about two weeks. Interviewer are helpful and nice. The problems are common algorithm problems including data structures. The interview consist of two parts and each part took 45 mins.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

I applied during a college career fair. I was approach a month later asking to give an online assessment within a week. Once i cleared that a phone interview was scheduled. That was the last round.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a technical telephonic interview that lasted for about 45 mins - 1 hour. The interviewer asked me two algorithmic questions which i had to code in the language of my preference. The interviewer also discussed about all the projects i have done so far and what interested me in working with the company.

Interview Questions

• Find the bits set in an interger   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the online assessment round. It had 2 coding question which can be done in C, C++ or java. It also had about 25 analytical questions which are pretty easy.The next round would be a face-to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about the printing all the permutations of a word. The second one was related to bitwise operators   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through University website. Was later called for a on-campus interview. I had 2 rounds of face-to-face interviews. Questions asked were regarding arrays in one interview and binary trees in another. They were not very difficult but they check for the corner cases and ask you to design the test cases to try and break the code. One interviewer asked me about my projects a little and then asked me about a cache design.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview - Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes) - Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.) - Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview. Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.