Amazon.com

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.1

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

was contacted 2 months after i submitted the application online. asked me if i wanted to schedule an interview which i replied and no replies afterwards. the next week i followed up and the recruiter replied and scheduled an interview the very next day. very unexpected and the email said that if i wanted to changed to interview time 48 hours in advance. so how can i change it when they only informed me 24 hours in advance? i politely asked to get rescheduled and got rejected. interview was okay but i didn't prepare well.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

First round online assessment test. Seven coding problems.I got a phone interview after the test. Still waiting for the feedback.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and was contacted for a HR screening where they asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at amazon and took the opportunity to tell me more about the company. Then, I had a series of two 30 minute phone interviews with engineers where they asked me to solve some algorithmic questions. I was able to solve 3 of the four questions they asked. Apparently they each vote up or down and on a split, you have a third interview. I guess my answers were good enough because I didn't have another one.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about describing an algorithm for calculating the points within the intersection of two rectangles on a single plane.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was very competitive.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through career fair. A recruiter contacted me around 2 weeks after, and I had two 45 minute back-to-back phone interviews. Didn't really study for it, so I didn't do well on the second interview which involved tree. The interviewers were very nice and respectful.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

Initially I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator and was asked to provide some basic information (school, grad date, etc). After quickly responding, I received another email from my coordinator to take an online assessment. This coding assessment consisted of debugging simple functions like sorting algorithms. I was informed that I would hear back within the next week or so after they received my test results. I was not contacted again.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This interview process was very one dimensional. They literally only asked me technical questions; nothing about me, what I was interested in, or anything like that. The process conveyed to me the sense that all they were looking for were code monkeys.

Interview Questions
    • Question involving a large amount of data and how to parse it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied on Amazon's career website, then they got in contact with me a while afterwards. I had two back-to-back phone interviews, each of which was 45 minutes long, with mainly technical questions. I did some online coding with a collaborative tool. I didn't think either interview went that well, but I heard back a few weeks later that I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about how I would design a dictionary using data structures.   Answer Question
    Amazon doesn't really negotiate for salary. I asked for an extension on the offer acceptance deadline, which they allowed.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through the Amazon.com website and school website, got selected for an on campus interview. Consisted of 2 interviews, each 45 minutes long, and one after the other. The first one had some really challenging questions, while the second one was a breeze. After 2 weeks, got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 strings, how can you determine that one string is only made of characters found in the second string.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Got referral from my friend, reached back by a recruiter in about two weeks and scheduled two (or three? I don't remember) back-to-back phone interviews one week later. Received the offer in three weeks. I could choose which team I would like to join and they provided me three different options.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

First there are several questions about concept in algorithm, and then two coding questions. There were two questions, both are from leetcode, similar as Path Sum and Path Sum II.