Amazon.com Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The people were so very nice and helpful, knowledgeable, and particular on what they're looking for. The atmosphere seems high pace but fun to work in, with free drinks when you want !

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Two on campus interviews that were on the same day. Each was one on one with an engineer from some team at Amazon. The dress code was very casual and the engineers I spoke with were very friendly and easy to talk to. Each asked one question first that was technical and I solved it on a whiteboard and then we spoke generally about the company and my own background.

Interview Questions

• Two algorithm questions that also involved data structures. Really generic Cracking the Coding Interview type stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Went straight to the questions. Didn't really get to know me. Two 45min interviews. I didn't like the first interviewer - who told me to not think out loud. The second guy was actually telling me to think out loud and was peasant. Overall an OK experience.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

They contacted me via email for the phone interview. The questions asked are all text book questions. Simple. The interview was scheduled for 45 mins. but it went for 1 hour 5 mins. I was surprised that I was not selected even after answering all the questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Array, Linked List, Write a code to add a node in linked list, Complexity, Given a binary tree, print out all of its root   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Applied through University Portal 2 back to back one to one Interview Interviews were not looking interested, they gave questions and started working on the laptop. Inspite of giving all correct answers I was rejected.. They might would be looking for some particular kind of coders.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic algorithms type, you can find them in GlassDoor, LeetCode or geeksforgeeks. 1. Traversal of tree 2.Flood Fill Algorithm 3. String Manupulation   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1) 20 Minutes online coding screening Around 14 questions on debugging already provided codes. Evaluates your familiarity with programming and ability to understand someone's code, finding bug and fixing it. 2) 45-60 minutes inperson/skype/collabedit interview Evaluate the gamut of coding and algorithmic concepts from data structure to design to recursion.

Interview Questions

• Questions around 1. Version Control Software 2. Logic and math 3. Recursion 4. Data Structure and Time Complexities 5. Designing a software   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

First half an hour of the interview was about my projects and research. In the last 15 minutes or so, I was asked to code. Interviewer was very friendly but sounded busy. Once he was convinced that I knew what I was talking about, he was eager to finish.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

My interview was held on my university's campus. The process was basically two back-to-back 45 minute interviews. Both interviews had a behavioral portion on the first five minutes. The rest of was technical. The first interview dealt more with providing an algorithm to solve a problem, and analyzing the runtime complexity of the algorithm. The second interview was more focused on object oriented and design pattern questions. The interview was a overall a positive experience as my interviewers tried to provide a comfortable setting and the questions were not particularly out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• I would like to respect the NDA so I will not disclose the interview questions. I will say that if you plan on interviewing with Amazon, know your algorithms, data structures and their complexity.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

A very simple online screening, 4-5 questions that were very basic. Got an email to schedule the 2nd round phone interview. Was told that it would be only one interview of 45 mins. technical in nature. Topics could include algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming etc. Interviewer was calm and asked only 1 question. Gave 2 different answers and their complexities. Was asked to code one approach. Kept speaking out loud when writing code, telling him what I was thinking and doing. Reviewed my code once after I finished writing. Question was moderate difficulty. Interviewer was still calm, so couldnt infer any result of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a continuous stream of cartesian points (x,y), find the 100 closest points to the origin.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Two rounds - Very Simple. First round was to debug 6 simple code samples. Had 20 minutes to solve. 2nd Round, was telephonic, where interviewer asked to write code on the dashboard (don't remember the name of the code portal)

Interview Questions

• Q1) Reverse a singly linked list. Q2) Find if String A contains String B. Q3) Design a cache system on the local machine and on cloud to handle 1000's of images on cloud. Such that it takes minimum response time to respond to user query.   Answer Question