Amazon.com

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

A very simple online screening, 4-5 questions that were very basic.
Got an email to schedule the 2nd round phone interview. Was told that it would be only one interview of 45 mins. technical in nature. Topics could include algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming etc. Interviewer was calm and asked only 1 question. Gave 2 different answers and their complexities. Was asked to code one approach. Kept speaking out loud when writing code, telling him what I was thinking and doing. Reviewed my code once after I finished writing. Question was moderate difficulty. Interviewer was still calm, so couldnt infer any result of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Given a continuous stream of cartesian points (x,y), find the 100 closest points to the origin.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Got a call from a recruiter for an on campus interview. I applied online and through career fair website for the role. 2 rounds back to back 45 mins each.
    On the day of the on campus interview, I was told that one of the interviewers were not able to make it for the interview, hence I need to do a phone interview instead of 1:1 for first round. For the next round, the interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional, seemed very disinterested while I was discussing solutions and writing the code.

Interview Questions
    • Would like to respect NDA. General interview questions listed on the website   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through career fair. Got a mail for written interview.

The interview process included:
    First Round: Written Test [7 Coding questions + 15 Logical questions]
    Second Round: Phone Technical Interview [General C/C++/Java/Data Structures based questions]

Interview Questions
    • 7 Check the errors in the code kind of questions.
      15 logical questions (You are A's Father but B's son.... kind of questions)

View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online. But interviews were conducted on campus. 2 technical interviews of 45 minutes each. No questions on resume. Interviewer directly started with technical question and asked me to write codes on a piece of paper

Interview Questions
    • Signed NDA. All questions were technical. Be prepared to write codes.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

It was having two rounds and each round has one hour technical questions. It was not so easy but can be done if we are very good in coding especially. code and algorith must be less in complexity. The solutiion must be efficient.

Interview Questions
    • The asked about datastucture, algorithms, heap,sorting-searching,mainly code along with complexity. Code on random number generator, searching.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Submitted my resume during college career fair, heard back about two months later over email requesting an on campus interview. Two 45 minute interviews each with 1 coding question. First guy was talkative and explained what he does at Amazon, the second guy was straight to business and barely spoke. Both were friendly, just the second interviewer seemed like he did not want to be there. I prepared a lot in the prior weeks using the cracking the coding interview book, but honestly the questions were simpler than expected. My problem was that I misinterpreted the question a few times and tried to over complicate things (the coding interview book had much more difficult questions). It has been a week since the interview and still waiting to hear back.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

It was enlightening. They asked coding specific questions, and asked some questions about projects I'd been involved with. They seemed kind of disorganized since they forgot to give me an NDA to sign.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that returns the amount of univalues in a tree.
      How would you implement a function that fills paint it a square box like MS paint?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I was approached through the campus recruitment team for an online assessment test. The test was of 1.5 hours and consisted of 2 sections. The first section was a debugging test to check if you're able to understand someone else's code and debug the logical errors in it. The second section was to check the analytic ability. I am waiting for their reply

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

I applied online and had not heard back for two months or so, but out of the blue I got an email asking me to interview. I had an online coding assessment that required me to debug several snippets of Java code. After completing this successfully, it was followed by a 45-minute phone interview that used Collabedit. The interviewer asked me about myself but most of the phone interview was focused on answering some data structure questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

I applied online, and within two weeks interviewed on campus, and within another two weeks got a response from the recruiter. The interview was actually two back to back 45 minute interviews with two separate interviewers in two separate rooms and each interviewer asked two programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where pretty standard algorithm problems involving binary trees, undirected graphs, and optimization questions implemented in C++ or Java.   Answer Question