Amazon.com

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.3

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Good and Decent Interview; Took a lot of time though three plus Months. Had only three onsite interviews, and had to wait two plus weeks for the fourth one to be scheduled. Had an online coding and logical reasoning test, and a behavioral test before the on-site interview

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Interview

They have many behavior questions, be prepared. And more importantly, read their leadership principle carefully, think about how to reflect some leadership principles in the answer of the behavior questions. Prepare one specific example, as detailed as possible for each behavior question. YES! THEY ASK YOU TO PROVIDE DETAILED EXAMPLES!!

Interview Questions
    • examples for behavior questions. particularly hard for fresh or poor working experience.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

4 round 1:1, each one 45 minutes

Each round ask you some background question and one programming question
    1 make file, choose a data structure to implement, (my answer is graph, do topology sort)
    2 file system, object oriented design, design two classes
    3 array of number, sum up to n, print out all pairs
    4 binary tree, given two node, find first common ancestor, without pointer to parent node

Interview Questions
    • I failed at the last question. I know it's on CC150 now, the interviewer changed the question while I am still thinking about it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Applied online, contacted by the recruiter, scheduled a phone interview, went well. Then move to the onsite interview where I met 4 engineers and the hiring manager.

2 days later they called me and told me that they decide not making an offer, which is really, really surprising because I think I did really well for all interviews, I answer all questions almost flawlessly and had some really good time with all interviewers. I assume there's someone else who did even better.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

This was an in-campus group project interview for recent graduates. It was a one whole day group project, where they give you their project architecture and a booklet that explains what your group needs to do. Accessing Google and asking for your group members help is allowed, but you are expected to be able to write your code and generate output using their code architecture. You would be called twice for a one-on-one during the day that mainly deals with the code and your logic/reasoning. Keep coding till then. You will not have to prepare anything about your work experience/skillset or about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • It is all related to explaining your choice of data structure/algorithm in your code. Nothing outside!   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The first round was a online coding test on their website. They asked three questions, pretty standard ones. I was caught in trying to make the most efficient solution( faster running) and that had good coding standards. I had 2 hours to solve them. I think you have write compilable code not pseudo code. Later I found that, you have write working solutions and nobody cares how efficient they are.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

So far I have done online assesment. In online assesment, there were two simple programming questions, 45 minutes each. Then there is a multiple choice questions, which were not very easy not very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple choice questions were slightly unexpected for a conding job   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Applied online. One month later, got the onilne assessment appointment. A week later, got on site interview request. You may will get each email replied by recruiter in a week till this step. They will take care of the travel and hotel based on your requirement. Arrived at Day 1 North at 11:40, at about 12, a group of people like me ate pizza with interviewers. You may meet them later in the interview. Then is the 4 round 45 min back-to-back interview. Staff there were nice. After coding, it was the behavior questions.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online from Amazon.com and got a phone interview by hiring manager within one week. He asked a few tech problems which use hash and large scale. I wasn't prepare enough so failed. It is not hard actually

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Got contacted by the recruiter about doing an online assessment by a certain date. The coding part contains two questions, which are pretty easy and anyone should be able to finish it. The second part is reasoning test, 35 minutes for 24 questions. I didn't finish all, coz the last couple of questions are quite long and require time to read.