Amazon.com Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

3.4

78 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I took a test online with 3 coding questions within a 40 minute time frame. print out a program that calculates peoples grades. that's one of them, I don't remember the rest. I got through that and got an email saying they would fly me to Washington!

They flew me down to Washington for an interview set up hotel and pretty much all the accommodations (i.e. food, taxi service), Apparently they have a lot of interviewees according to the taxi drivers. They look for the best of the crop.

I went to the interview the next day. They took me through 5 rounds of interviews. Know your Big O notation, know how to sort through a relational database, algorithms and especially know your data structures( LinkedLists, trees, etc.) I can't remember the rest of the questions specifically...

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Two round phone interviews. Asked very basic questions:
    1. How to sort 3 integers
    2. Find books your friends read
    3. Calculate the frequency of words in a string.

Point is how to approach the problem, use right data structure and algorighms

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

I din't reach the interview round. I was not able to clear the first round mainly because of online coding as I was not in touch of that.
    Other then that there were 20 MCQ which were pretty basic concepts of DS and algorithms.
    So do prepare on an online coding site like code chef,hacker rank

Interview Questions
    • Online coding question : Do the vertical sum of all the axis.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Had an online coding test consisting of 3 questions to be answered within 90 mins. C++ or Java to be used.
    Questions included finding loops in a linked list, largest increasing sub-sequence in an array and finding the average scores of students in an exam.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult although one should be strong with using data structures.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had 3 phone interviews and I was asked basic programming questions.
    Few questions I can recall,
    1. Implement your own hashmap in java
    2. Given an integer array, find all pairs of integers which sums up to K.
    3. Difference between arraylist and vector
    4. How would you implement your own ArrayList
    5. Questions regarding knowledge of design patterns

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Reached me through online application. Requested me to do an online assessment

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and flown to Seattle. After a couple of hours of talking to engineers and asking questions, I spent the rest of the day doing a group programming problem. I can't go into detail about the question, but it was such that every member of the group could work on a seperate part. I thought I did pretty well, but I guess they were looking for something else, or maybe I didn't give the right impression during the 30 minute 1 on 1 interview in which we discussed the code I had written so far and talked about what I wanted to do at Amazon.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I received an email from an Amazon recruiter, got two phone interviews but did not got the on site. Each phone interview, the interviewer started by introducing his team and ask me if i have any questions. After that, they started ask me technical questions. I did two coding questions for each interview, and i made some mistake for the second one, i think that is the reason i could not move further.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for phone interviews are not difficult.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Code interview, on site interview. 5 interviews on site, design parking lot, design coffee machine, implement binary tree. Find a route in binary tree that sums to a certain number. Merge 2 binary trees. Heard back 1 day after code interview, 2 days after on site interview. They wanted to fly me to Seattle, I already lived in the area

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

You have 1 written , 2/3 telephonic and 4/6 f2f rounds.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!