Amazon.com

Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.4

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Phone Screening - all technical (basics of computer, data structures, algorithms)
Online Coding (3-5 programs for 1.30 Hr in the language of your choice)
Onsite Interview
     4-5 Technical Rounds on Data Structure, Algorithms, Design Patterns.

no negotiation done by me.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

For interns:
    A written test followed by two rounds of interview

Typical process:
    One or two rounds of phone interviews - mostly problem solving, Algo and DS
    Three rounds of in person interviews - again problem solving, algo, DS and coding

Interview Questions
    Amazon consider market (and your pay at your earlier company, if applicable)

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I received an email from an Amazon recruiter, got two phone interviews but did not got the on site. Each phone interview, the interviewer started by introducing his team and ask me if i have any questions. After that, they started ask me technical questions. I did two coding questions for each interview, and i made some mistake for the second one, i think that is the reason i could not move further.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for phone interviews are not difficult.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and flown to Seattle. After a couple of hours of talking to engineers and asking questions, I spent the rest of the day doing a group programming problem. I can't go into detail about the question, but it was such that every member of the group could work on a seperate part. I thought I did pretty well, but I guess they were looking for something else, or maybe I didn't give the right impression during the 30 minute 1 on 1 interview in which we discussed the code I had written so far and talked about what I wanted to do at Amazon.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

So, I met an Amazon recruiter at a software engineering conference for undergraduate students. After a brief chat, she sent me to speak with one of the two engineers at the Amazon booth. This engineer asked me a data structures related programming question. Naturally, this question had a simple naive solution as well as an optimized solution. I coded up a quick solution both ways and explained them.

Approximately 3 weeks later, I was contacted and Amazon flew me out to Seattle for an interview at their headquarters (no phone interview). At their headquarters, there was a 6 hour long coding intensive interview conducted in small groups, with a 1 on 1 interview to close out the day.

Two days after, I was extended an offer, which I accepted. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    Extremely good offer, maybe in the 99th percentile for new graduates in the area. Did not negotiate.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Reached me through online application. Requested me to do an online assessment

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

You have 1 written , 2/3 telephonic and 4/6 f2f rounds.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had 3 phone interviews and I was asked basic programming questions.
    Few questions I can recall,
    1. Implement your own hashmap in java
    2. Given an integer array, find all pairs of integers which sums up to K.
    3. Difference between arraylist and vector
    4. How would you implement your own ArrayList
    5. Questions regarding knowledge of design patterns

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Had an online coding test consisting of 3 questions to be answered within 90 mins. C++ or Java to be used.
    Questions included finding loops in a linked list, largest increasing sub-sequence in an array and finding the average scores of students in an exam.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult although one should be strong with using data structures.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

I din't reach the interview round. I was not able to clear the first round mainly because of online coding as I was not in touch of that.
    Other then that there were 20 MCQ which were pretty basic concepts of DS and algorithms.
    So do prepare on an online coding site like code chef,hacker rank

Interview Questions
    • Online coding question : Do the vertical sum of all the axis.   Answer Question