Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon.com Software Development Engineer In Test Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Emailed the recruiter my resume personally and got an email two weeks later saying that I have to set up two one hour phone interviews in the following week. Phone interviews were pretty much all technical with very little behavioral.

Phone interviews started off simple, "Let me tell you a little bit about myself", then "tell me a little bit about yourself." My first interviewer went straight from that to coding. You'll use an online program so he sees what you're typing. Other interviewer went through a bunch of short questions that were challenging, then to the coding.

After the two interviews, I got an offer a week later. All in all a simple hiring/interview process.

Interview Question – How do you create a routing table?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I had to go through two rounds of phone interview. Both of them were pretty much technical though the second one did consist of some resume related questions. I was asked to write code on collabedit. The questions were very basic related to linked lists, calculate the word with most frequency in a document.

Interview Question – The second round of interview I was asked to calculate the product of three highest numbers in an array. The interviewer kept further questioning me about giving a more generalized answer.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Focus on Datastructures and scalability architectures.

Interview Question – Was asked a design problem for a large scale web service.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews back to back

Interview Question – Good coding question   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a broken into 2 sessions, each a 45 minute one. Questions consisted of string manipulation, java fundamentals. First one went well where as the second one was not that good.

Interview Question – Write a program to sort two arrays and merge them   View Answer

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!