Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
205 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter in early December and interviewed in January. 2 phone interviews, 45 minutes each. The problems were not hard, including algorithm problems of average difficulty, object oriented design problems and some behavior questions.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Two 45 min back-to-back phone interview. Asked conceptual and coding questions each. Three days later I got an offer by email. After making a phone call with my recruiter, I got the official offer.

Interview Question – Find the youngest common ancestor in a directed graph, where you can only go to a node's parent and cannot go back   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Applied via college career fair. Was selected for an oncampus interview. There were two rounds of 45 mins each. Both technical. There were questions mostly related to data structures thrown at me. For example sort a linked list in place, sort a string in place. String question - Example "HELLO WORLD" output- "OLLEH DLROW".

Interview Question – Find top 10 occurring words in a page.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Both interviewers jumped straight into technical/coding questions. They didn't seem to care about my background/projects/resume. One of the interviewers didn't even introduce himself or his team. First interview was hard but ok. The second interviewer seemed to be really impatient and he was talking to others over the phone. His question was a HARD one which I used up almost all the time. I haven't got the response yet but I'm pretty sure it's gonna to be rejection.

Interview Question – DP, Bit manipulation   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – The recruiter first sent an e-mail to arrange a time slot for the interview at about 6 days prior to the interview date. The interview was a back-to-back interview, each of which is 45 minutes. The interviewer all asked about technical questions, no personal question. The last 5 minutes of the interview were left for me to ask questions about the company.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question for me was about networking:
Given two IP addresses and one subnet mask as input (All are string data type), write a function to determine whether the two IP addresses are in the same subnet.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus. First guy was very unprofessional. Was laughing half the time I was answering his questions. He at one time made a snide remark directly at me, I almost just walked out the room. I first asked him if he was comfortable with the language I chose, but I had to constantly stop and explain to him the simplest syntax and functions.

Second guy was very professional. Straight and direct, seemed very robotic.

Very disappointed with the interview process. Do not see myself working in this type of environment.

Interview Question – Just algorithmic and data structure questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Apply online around mid Jan. Been notified for on campus interview at end of Jan. Scheduled interview at mid Feb. Two 45 mins back to back interviews with two Amazon employees. Pure technical interviews. Only talked a little bit about my project. As to interview questions, there are there questions in total. Focus on data structures and algorithms, as well as OO design. No hard questions though.

Interview Question – Find all black regions on image, flood algorithm. OO design a address book.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – -2 back-to-back 45 minute technical phone interviews
-friendly and easygoing interviewers

Interview Question – -Write a method that prints out an in order traversal of a binary tree   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews, 15 minutes apart from each other. They both went well and the questions weren't that hard. They have you use collabedit.com or something like that to do pair programming.

Interview Question – Take two arrays of values and find the intersection between them. Most efficient way. Recursive functions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews back to back. Really smooth process and got a response back quickly!

Interview Question – Sometimes the interviewer would not talk, but it is to let you do all the talking.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com