Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1 online test. Very easy debugging questions. Got call for next round within 7 days. Next round was a phone interview. Interview started directly with coding round. Question was pretty hard. Gave recursive answer but he expected Dynamic Programming solution.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a reruiter based on resume from a previous application. I had an online coding test and an IQ test which I cleared. I was then directly called for an onsite interview in Seattle. Later after giving my personal details for travel booking arrangements, I received mail saying the position had been filled, with no other explanation. Now I cannot apply for six more months even though I had cleared the round.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Amherst, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applies through college career fair.There were two rounds of interviews.Each round has two questions.All the questions were purely programming based questions.The questions were mostly concentrated on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• 1.Write a program for Fibonacci series 2.Write a program to find a string in a page of text.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got interviewed by Employee Referral Program. Interview consist of online assessment and onsite interview. Online assessment took about 2 hours to complete and the onsite interview was an all-day interview.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was for new graduates. It was a six-hour team coding challenge with some interviews regarding your challenge code during the later half. I was given a document with preparation advice from the recruiter. It primarily suggested to practice coding outside of an IDE and to review CS fundamentals. This was not good advice. I stared at an IDE during the whole challenge. Nobody asked me any highly theoretical CS problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you please sign this NDA, which is required for you to be interviewed?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to whom I had personally emailed my resume, and was directly flown to Seattle for a technical interview, where there was a team based coding project, and the one on one interview questions were based on the code written. The entire process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Entirely related to the project that was given to the team, and basic data structures.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Completed OA and wait about two weeks, I receive a phone interview about 45 min. Ask me three technical questions, and I have answered all of the three answers, then I get rejected. Don't know why.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a string. 2. Validate a BST. 3.Find all the subsets of an array.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

First, you will have an online assessment and then you will have a phone interview. They will ask you to code during the phone interview and also ask some data structure and algorithm questions. At the online assessment, you will correct 7 questions' code and you have 21 minutes to do that.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 on campus interviews, and 1 phone interview. None of them were behavioral, all tech. Know hash maps in and out, and the time complexities of your sorts and algorithms. The process was a pain because the HR department is slow and awful. They scheduled my interview wrong, and getting the last phone interview took forever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to traverse a maze and arrive at a destination   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

i apply on line after three weeks i get a online coding test. it's very easy. i think every cs student can figure it out easily. after more than 2 weeks i ask for update, then i get a phone interview one week after. the interviewer is friendly to talk with. but i screw the interview at last. i stuck in the last algorithm question, and not able to give out a very clear answer.

Interview Questions

• On common phones each digit can be mapped to three or four letters. For instance 2 can be mapped to a, b, or c. Given a phone number represented as an array of integers, return all the possible permutations of strings for that phone number. For example [2, 3] would result in {“ad”, “ae”, “af”, “bd”, “be”, “bf”, “cd”, “ce”, “cf”}.   Answer Question