Amazon.com

Updated May 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Just had my first round of phone screening interview. First interviewer asked programming related questions and asked me to code. The second one basically asked higher level and open ended technical questions. Both used an online code typing and sharing tool.

Interview Question – Find out if two words are Anagram or not.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Had two phone intervews back to back.

Interview Question – Implement a Linked List   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – I received interview notice after campus career fair. two 45-minute interview was arranged.

Interview Question – .First interview asked BST and 2sum in an array including time and space complexity questions. The second one asked me to merge to sorted array and something about arraylist and linkedlist.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – submit resume both online and on campus career fair, not sure which one worked. Got phone screen interviews request like 2 months later with 2 back to back phone interviews. Had some problems on how to communicate code on phone...

Interview Question – solve longest palindrome in O(n)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Two 45 min technical interview on the phone. Had to write code on both interviews.

Interview Question – 1. Find the second biggest number in an array of int.
2. implement a stack using an array.
3. Everything you do they will ask whats the complexity and ask if you can do it in a better way.

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – asked relativiley simple questions. mostly coding questions about stuff you learn in school. first interview was much easier then the second.

Interview Question – reverse a string in one place.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I applied through university career website, and after several weeks I received an email from Amazon that ask me to pick some time to schedule a phone interviews. There are two phone interviews each of is 45 mins. I didn't do well so after the interview there is no reply.

Interview Question – In the first interview, he ask a question about how to get the height of a tree. Easy one.
The second is to find the maximum path in a tree. A path are the links between any two nodes in a tree.
In the second interview, he ask factorial, and big number multiplication. And a OO question.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – got a mail and scheduled two back to back phone interviews. 45 mins. both of them were technical. First one asked more about data structures, second one was on OOP design concept.

Interview Question – questions were fairly easy. nothing unexpected. the programming question I got was to check if a number is a power of 2 or not. Not heard back yet. so waiting for a decision.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – 2 back to back phone interview which last for almost 2 hours

Interview Question – 1.reverse a string word by word and there may be multiple whitespace between two word, keep exactly the same whitespace when reverse string by word
2.find all prime number less than the give input k

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Over the phone technical interviews. ( 2 - 45 min interviews)

Interview Question – All questions are technical including 1 coding question at end of each interview   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!