Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Two 45-minute phone interviews in a row. Both interviews were mostly technical, a few questions about my background. I was able to solve the technical questions in the first interview fairly quickly, but my interviewer seemed preoccupied. The second interview was tougher, and I could not get my algorithm to linear time, which frustrated my interviewer.

Interview Question – Find two integers in an unsorted array that produced a certain sum in linear time.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – My friend referred me, also I had applied online. I got email from HR asking for 3-4 time slots.
Then I was scheduled two back-to-back interview calls for 45-60mins duration.
Process was really nice and I liked the interviewers.
I followed Glassdoor and so far it has really been helpful (at least in this interview). Sometimes depending just on Glassdoor is not advisable, you should practice a lot because 45 minutes for a completely new problem is not sufficient.

Interview Question – Basic data structure questions. LL, HashTable, BT

Given an array of ints, sum up all the even numbers and print it. Then return true if any number in the array is evenly divisible by 7, false otherwise.

Given a two words, write a function/method to determine if they are anagrams

Given a singly linked list, split that into two lists one containing just the elements in odd position and another containing just the elements in even position.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for internship so I do not think anyone should negotiate.

Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was a nice experience. There were 2 back to back phone interviews.
 The questions were mostly related to Linked List, Binary Tree, algorithms and their complexities. One question was about difference between Stack and Linked List followed by their complexities. Also there were two programming questions.

Interview Question – I never expected that they will ask a direct question regarding the complexities.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Apply on line.

Interview Question – Apply power function. Basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview consisting of two parts, 45 minutes each. Straight up coding questions. They wanted me to write the code on a whiteboard, and explain the logic along the way. Not extremely hard, but still difficult questions. Brush up on algorithms.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Asked about linked list and stacks and trees , all the questions were related to data structure and included time complexity analysis.

Interview Question – Where the linked list is not used and why?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Over the phone technical interviews. ( 2 - 45 min interviews)

Interview Question – All questions are technical including 1 coding question at end of each interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – get the interview email after 2 weeks of sending resume. The interview includes 2 parts. One of 45 minutes.

Interview Question – it is basic algorithms. The first is a sort algorithm. There is an array with a million integer. The integer's length is 10 bit. Find an algorithm with run complexity of N. The second is about detect if there is any circle in a linkelist   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – 2 back to back phone interview which last for almost 2 hours

Interview Question – 1.reverse a string word by word and there may be multiple whitespace between two word, keep exactly the same whitespace when reverse string by word
2.find all prime number less than the give input k
  Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through website, two back-to-back interviews one month later. Rejection email one hour after second interview.

Interview Question – In-place array reversal, level-order binary tree traversal, reading two files and outputting strings common to both.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com