Amazon.com Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

89 interviews

3.1

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I have submitted my Resume online through their career website. Got a e-mail to schedule telephonic interview , within a week span.

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to find all possible pairs in array that sum up to X. With efficiency O(n).
    What is shared pointer? How will you say a tree is binary tree?Linked list has a loop?

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I got a call from the recruiter about two screen interviews. They asked only coding questions, no behavioral questions at all. Time is not a big problem. There were two recruiters. Each of them asked two questions.

Interview Questions
    • One question was about how to find empty parking lot space in a parking lot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

submit resume online. Get two three phone interviews. Each one begins with some talking about past projects then continue to some technical questions and end up with a coding problem. Each phone interviews last about 45 minutes. Wait about 2 weeks for follow up after each interview. Wait 4 weeks to get the offer after the last phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of script language you'll use to delete all SSN in a large amount of files in distributed system? How to delete them?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Applied online and got an email from the recruiter in 4 5 days.
    Scheduled two 45 min phone interviews.
    was asked 2 programs for the first 45 min phone interview
    1) deletion in circular linked list
    2)Do division without using * ,/ ,% operators.
    For the second phone interview I was asked few questions on OOPS then was asked to write a code for the following question:
    1) an array consists of few integers.Only 1 integer can be present for odd number of times.If any integer is present it has to be even number of times.Return error of this condition is violated.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Two back to back telephone interview, asked question about OO-design, DP and some linux commands.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

submit resume both online and on campus career fair, not sure which one worked. Got phone screen interviews request like 2 months later with 2 back to back phone interviews. Had some problems on how to communicate code on phone...

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Submitted application online, recieved an email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview in three weeks. Two back to back 45 minute interviews, with a 15 break in between. This was a standard university recruiting process

Best advice is to practice coding questions. You will be asked to find big O for each solution you give.

Interview Questions
    • Find the fifth largest number in an array
      Find the intersection of two arrays
      Also know some stuff about Java like visibility of methods

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Two 45 min technical interview on the phone. Had to write code on both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Find the second biggest number in an array of int.
      2. implement a stack using an array.
      3. Everything you do they will ask whats the complexity and ask if you can do it in a better way.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online, got an email saying that they would like to set up an interview. I then had two 45 minute phone interviews. After that, they emailed me saying that I have made it to the third interview, which was another 45 minute interview, of same format. Two of the three interviews used collabedit, which is an online text editor (for programming) that lets the interviewer and interviewee to view/edit the same code. So they would ask a question, I would write the code, and they would see it and be able to assess me from it. The third interview was all verbal, but I was asked to write a short piece of code, that I emailed to them shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • Third interview asked me to talk about binary trees, designing a class hierarchy, running time of certain algorithms, usual technical stuff. Nothing extremely hard, just state your assumptions, talk through your thought process, and don't be afraid to say "give me a second to kind of think this through in my head". They really can't expect you to create the best algorithm, all things considered, in a matter of seconds!

I was surprised that there weren't any behavioral questions (e.g. 'Tell me about a time in which you had to .....').
    I negotiated nothing.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied for the software engineering internship. I had back to back interviews, and then a final interview a couple weeks later.

The interviews were technical interviews, and they were very challenging. I could not figure out some of the question.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions based on graph theory that were very simply stated, but required a very well-thought-out precise solution.   Answer Question