Amazon.com

Amazon.com Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied for the software engineering internship. I had back to back interviews, and then a final interview a couple weeks later.

The interviews were technical interviews, and they were very challenging. I could not figure out some of the question.

Interview Questions
  • There were some questions based on graph theory that were very simply stated, but required a very well-thought-out precise solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Submitted application online, recieved an email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview in three weeks. Two back to back 45 minute interviews, with a 15 break in between. This was a standard university recruiting process

Best advice is to practice coding questions. You will be asked to find big O for each solution you give.

Interview Questions
    • Find the fifth largest number in an array
      Find the intersection of two arrays
      Also know some stuff about Java like visibility of methods
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I got a call from the recruiter about two screen interviews. They asked only coding questions, no behavioral questions at all. Time is not a big problem. There were two recruiters. Each of them asked two questions.

Interview Questions
    • One question was about how to find empty parking lot space in a parking lot.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

It started from a campus recruiting process for finding summer SE interns. The interview consisted of 2 sections, in which I interacted with an Amazon.com's recruiter in each section alone.

First section: Tree Traversal
    I was asked about the best implementation for a binary tree (i.e. pre-order, in-order, post-order). I was required to communicate reasons why I chose to use a particular one.

Second section: Iterative and Recursive Arithmetic Implementation
    I was asked to find sums of next N numbers in an array iteratively and recursively. I came out with the iterative approach within a short period of time, and the recruiter asked for the recursive approach.

Note: The recruiters asked questions unrelated to programming too. For instance, they asked the reasons why I chose Amazon.com as a candidate company for my internship. They wanted to see my thoughts

Interview Questions
    • The best implementation for a binary tree.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Dropped off CV at Career Fair;got interview call via email and decided which date to give the interview.Onsite interviews: 2 . Basic Data structures and algorithms questions at the beginning moving to harder questions as quickly and correctly one solves them.

Interview Questions
    • A complex tree question which involved implementation as queue and Linklist both   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

2 rounds, 3 questions each. Answered and coded all the three in first round. Second round was a little tricky. Answered 2 out of three, and coded kind of 1.5(was stuck in the syntax)

Interview Questions
    • given a pool(P) of co-ordinates (infinitely large), find the closest N to a given user co-ordinate   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I had 2 45-minute phone interviews back to back. The interviewers are very friendly. I was very nervous but should have done well since the questions are pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Find the sum of all elements in a binary tree at a certain level   Answer Question
    • Find an element that appears an odd number of time in an array   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Just had my first round of phone screening interview. First interviewer asked programming related questions and asked me to code. The second one basically asked higher level and open ended technical questions. Both used an online code typing and sharing tool.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I went through campus recruiting. Amazon was quick to set up the interview, and I had two phone interviews set up for the same day... but they took three months to get back to me. Then, they set up a third phone interview, where I got asked some pretty hard questions in comparison to the previous two. I did manage to answer all my questions correctly in all the interviews, so I'm guessing that my lack of OOP experience on my resume was also a factor in the rejection. I haven't coded in java, c++, or any object oriented language, and Amazon tends to look for that in candidates.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter after I handed in my resume in the career fair. I had two 45 min on campus interviews, both were technical, but not very hard. Asked about the 2Sum problem and how to extract the smallest 100 elements from an integer stream. The whole interviews went very well, and the second interviewer was satisfied by my quick solutions. But still don't get an offer. After three days, I got a rejection.