Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com

Amazon.com Software Engineer Intern Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Two back-to-back phone interviews. I was free to use my language of choice.

First interviewer asked me a generic question about my experience with projects. Then a steady stream of technical questions.
-Write code for the 2-sum problem
-Design deck of playing cards and some of its functions

Second interviewer sounded tired and disinterested, and did not offer any hints when I was struggling with his (unreasonable, in my opinion) questions. They were too complex to write complete and efficient code for, under pressure and in a short time limit. But they would make good high-level / design questions instead. He also asked me the same generic question about my projects.

Interview Questions
  • How to implement the user recommendations in Amazon.com?   Answer Question
  • Write code to implement the T9 (predictive text) feature and make it efficient.
    Given a sequence of integers as input, output valid English words that can be constructed. Each integer maps to 3 letters - like in any dialpad.

Answer Question