Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
699 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people total. One of them was very nice and friendly. All the others were impersonal and mechanical. Could tell it was a everyone man for himself kind of culture.

Interview Question – Questions weren't hard, but hard to impress the bar raiser interviewer, who has veto power and mandated to hire people better than 50% of the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – As most of the other people have stated, they have a pretty regular interview process.
Two back to back phone interviews of around 45 mins. I was asked basic questions regarding String reverse, Card Deck, Compare Binary Trees mostly from Cracking the Coding book. Also, regarding Android Development since It was on my profile.

Interview Question – All questions are regular, can be found on geekforgeeks   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter. They seemed interested in my background in computer vision and machine learning. They had me do a small programming exercise over the phone. Then I went in for an in person interview. It was frustrating because they could not say anything about what I would be working on, other than I was a great match.

Interview Question – What is the most disruptive thing you've done?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

Interview Details – Responded to a posted job with my reume and cover letter. Had a scheduled phone interview which was casual discussion of my background and accomplishments. Was flown out for face to face interview where I met with team members 1 at a time for aprox 1 hour technical interviews where I was given design problems and technical Java questions like demonstrate the use of threads and queues. Finally interviewed with manager and was challenged with open ended qestions to answer with as much as I could provide for ideas and direction.

Interview Question – The difficult part for me was the psychological pressure that was used threw me off my game. Just remember they would not be interviewing you if they did not want to hire you. Its ok not to have all the answers .. you will be part of the team :)   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Applied on the website under the university section. Received an email from recruiter and setup two 45 mins tech screens with engineers. Spent the first few minutes learning about their role, as well as explaining my background/interest. No specifics questions just general. Then one coding question. I was asked to write an algorithm to compute square root. The other call asked me to reverse a Linked List.

Interview Question – 1 ) Algorithm to compute square root that handles perfect and non-perfect squares.
2) Reverse a LinkedList
  Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I talked with a recruiter, then a technical phone screen with coding problems, followed by an on site interview with 6 sessions, 5 technical and one with HR. Technical questions covered things like graph problems, sorting streams of integers, checking if a given list of words are contained in a magazine. Every problem was coupled with an analysis of computational complexity and memory trade offs.

Interview Question – How would you optimize the recipient of IPC message packets so that all messages are stored in a database with high throughout despite a (relatively) slow database connection.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted to do an initial interview. The interview process was all done online, on a 3rd party website where I had to solve three problems. They asked three questions in regards to manipulating data structures. I was required to solve the problems in the most optimal manner, as well as provide a reasoning on why I solved it the way I did, as well as explain in detail the time complexity.

Interview Question – Explain in derail the time complexity of all solutions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview. Three guys in a team. We have to solve a problem, there three parts in the problem. Everyone of us choose one part and solve it by ourselves. So it's not really a group interview. During this process, we have to talk to the engineer two time. The in person interview is about the algorithm and how to improve it.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two 45 minute technical interviews. The first interview was more about core java concepts, while the second was a critical thinking technical question. You should know all your data structures really well, and be ready to apply them in situations presented. They are also looking for people that are passionate about emerging technologies and have a desire to constantly keep learning

Interview Question – Ask questions about data structures and core java concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, I failed on the first interview. I was asked to solved an algorithm problem and an OO problem. The OO problem is card problem, and it is exactly same as the one in cracking code.

Interview Question – problems on the cracking code   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!