Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
687 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted to do an initial interview. The interview process was all done online, on a 3rd party website where I had to solve three problems. They asked three questions in regards to manipulating data structures. I was required to solve the problems in the most optimal manner, as well as provide a reasoning on why I solved it the way I did, as well as explain in detail the time complexity.

Interview Question – Explain in derail the time complexity of all solutions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview. Three guys in a team. We have to solve a problem, there three parts in the problem. Everyone of us choose one part and solve it by ourselves. So it's not really a group interview. During this process, we have to talk to the engineer two time. The in person interview is about the algorithm and how to improve it.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two 45 minute technical interviews. The first interview was more about core java concepts, while the second was a critical thinking technical question. You should know all your data structures really well, and be ready to apply them in situations presented. They are also looking for people that are passionate about emerging technologies and have a desire to constantly keep learning

Interview Question – Ask questions about data structures and core java concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, I failed on the first interview. I was asked to solved an algorithm problem and an OO problem. The OO problem is card problem, and it is exactly same as the one in cracking code.

Interview Question – problems on the cracking code   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – It was a good experience over all. Know your basics, algorithms, sorting and searching techniques, know at least one programming language in and out. Think clearly, code correctly. Relax the night before, and prepare well in advance.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the site, recruiters contacted with in a few weeks. The overall experience was negative because I felt the interviewer was a bit rude. I've interviewed with Apple, Google, FB as well and all the others have been positive experiences regardless of how the interview went.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – It was well organized and all the interviewers were on time. I interviewed with 4 different people and the technical questions were about string parsing, designing OOP classes and designing a directory (like in DOS)

Interview Question – Designing a directory   Answer Question

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – How would you add n items in Fibonacci Series?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview. Started from morning. Three people a team. The team was given some reading material, and each person chose one part to code. During the coding process, the interviewers would ask for your solutions.

Interview Question – The problem was related to machine learning knowledge.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – I was contacted by a polite recruiter through LinkedIn. She arranged a phone interview for me. The guy that talked to me was very polite. The questions were of incremental difficulty. He started by asking basic data structures questions and then we did some coding.

Interview Question – Find if a word is anagram (e.g. ana is an anagram).   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 687 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.