Amazon.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

It was a 45 mintues interwier where they asked me all tree questions like pre order post order bst and link list questions

Interview Questions

• I was asked to trawerse a tree in preorder which i found wery difficult using a link list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

They came to campus, but had only a limited number of times available so I had to do it over the phone. The guy who interviewed me over the phone didn't seem interested in doing the interview. He asked me to write a few algorithms in Java and then asked some conceptual Java questions as well.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Sent my resume via their apply link; received an email ~2 weeks later asking me to complete an online coding screening interview. The first portion of the interview was 90 minutes long and contained three coding questions. The second portion was 60 minutes long and contained ~20 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list containing integers as values, write an algorithm that detects if there is a loop or cycle in the list.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

contacted by a HR and had a phone interview a week later. It took an hour. Interviewer was kind and patient. He asked about my previous experience in first half of an hour and the rest was all technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array. Insert a value into correct position of the array so that the array remains sorted.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Was contacted for a 50 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Create a program that would print out all possible routes to travel down a 7x7 chess board   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone interview followed by f2f interview.

Interview Questions

• In a hash table, if all the key produced are same, what would be the complexity   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

two phone interview (mostly algorithm and coding questions).1 final round

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed for Amazon for 3 different positions. Each time, the interviewers we're unorganized and scrambling to find out where to go next. Quite possibly the worst interviews I've experiences

Interview Questions

• Feels like people are picked randomly to give you interviews and have only hours to prep. Very few questions related to the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Heard there is very little work/life balance. Don't want to be on call ever.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

got a phone interview appointment from the recruiter. later at the appointment day one of the recruiting team called and first introduced amazon and the team. then asked several data structure questions. later asked to code on the collaborative online board. the girl is nice and polite. later the recruiter sent an email to arrange a second phone interview. this time another team member called and asked quite a lot questions on oo design, parallel programming, and something on my resume. a fairly easy coding question. did not go further that time.

Interview Questions

• a shifted array of sorted integers (like 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7). find the min integer in the array.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1 hour phone screen followed by 1-day onsite interviews. Small pseudo-code programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Just know your data structures: hash tables, binary search, b-trees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate salary.