Amazon.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through initial stages of recruitment process for interviews in Sydney. Spoke to HR person for 20 mins on the phone, was then directed to do a technical test. Test consisted of two simple programming problems with 1/2 hr time limit for each. Would have been easy, except you can't compile run or test your code in the web browser environment for test, unlike just about every other online coding envirnment, eg ideone.com. When I discovered this I frantically tried to get my dev env up and running on my local machine and wasted some time and only had 15 mins left for the second question, which I didn't complete. Anyway, would have been nice to know more about how the test worked in advance...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

get a phone interview and a on site

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

50mins phone screen

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Amazon’s interview process is sure one of the toughest to crack, especially since they come with a very specific list of skills. Amazon’s interview process is intended to analyse one on the basis of a set of data points and the cumulative of all data points are taken to find the final result. It must also be noted that if one candidate fails to satisfy the company’s requirement even on one data point he or she will be eliminated instantly.

Interview Questions

• The preliminary test The technical interviews ( 3 – 4 interviews in the span of a day)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some data structure problems, like reverse linked list, print all the path of a BST.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Was contacted for a 1on 1 phone interview

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were medium to difficult level algorithm questions. Nothing extra-ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1 hour phone interview by two different people. Was asked to write code through some virtual webpage that enables the interviewer to watch the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1 hour phone screen followed by 1-day onsite interviews. Small pseudo-code programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Just know your data structures: hash tables, binary search, b-trees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

got a phone interview appointment from the recruiter. later at the appointment day one of the recruiting team called and first introduced amazon and the team. then asked several data structure questions. later asked to code on the collaborative online board. the girl is nice and polite. later the recruiter sent an email to arrange a second phone interview. this time another team member called and asked quite a lot questions on oo design, parallel programming, and something on my resume. a fairly easy coding question. did not go further that time.

Interview Questions

• a shifted array of sorted integers (like 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7). find the min integer in the array.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Was contacted for a 50 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Create a program that would print out all possible routes to travel down a 7x7 chess board   Answer Question