Amazon.com

Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.4

727 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Had a good interview with them.They asked to me show lowest possible time for the breadth first search so i cracked it easily and solved but lost in other questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied in the career fair. Got a call for interview on campus. Two technical rounds back to back. 45 minutes each. First round was about data structures. Some general questions and asked to code one problem. Next round was about algorithms. Discussed the resume and project first and then asked to code one question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online and received a reply back about a month later. I took a timed programming test online which included writing two programs and answering a bunch of behavioral questions. I was then called in for the onsite interviews which went on for about 5 hours. Each interview consisted of writing at least one program on a whiteboard and a few technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Applied through career fair at University. Had one online assessment and work assessment. Got call for onsite interview. Had 4 onsite interviews which covered almost all the areas like object oriented programming, trees, graphs, arrays, behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2014.

5 rounds of interviews including 1 round chatting interview during lunch. 2 of 5 rounds are also training program which means there will be one more new interviewer around. 2 rounds are algorithms focused and 1 round is design focused and 1 round is a mixture of both plus one chatty round.

Interview Questions
    • Given a matrix of numbers. You start at left top corner and stop at right bottom corner. You can only move right or move down. Maximize the minimum number in the path.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

An application including GPA & accolades. A phone interview was conducted at a convenient time agreed upon. Phone interview was given by an intern majoring in business & communications and not someone knowledgeable in the field of software engineering.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interviewed with them as a new graduate last year. It was a great experience. They asked one OOP question and three programming questions. The interviewers were nice and smart. Additionally, one man mentioned the on-call duty.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

The interview process was quite elaborate and fast. It took me about 2 months mostly due to my delays. I did 3 telephone interviews and then on site interviews. The on site interviews comprised of 5 interviews 3 of which were technical and the rest non technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Applied within company website.
    Scheduled for a phone interview.
    Being asked many behavioural questions and if it's possible for relocation.
    After a chat, received an email with coding question expect answer replied via email.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of 2D coordinates representing boundaries of a 2D shape and an internal point (x,y) within the 2D shape.
      Find how many internal points are there within the 2D shape.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I was invited to hining event in Bucharest after very easy online test. It was 2 task in onlite test, and no interviewers at all.
    There was 4 interviews for 45 minuts in Bucharest. 2 for design and background, 2 for algorithms. Nobody ask "why amazon" : )

Organization was not very good, the venue was not clearly stated - several people including me was late for first interview because we waited in wrong place.