Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
695 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – It is a big company. But I don't like some of the strategies they adopt in interview. They tend to test your ability of memorizing rather than understanding the data structures and algorithms.

Interview Question – Memory management   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two back-to-back interview, each has 45 minutes.

Interview Question – (1) two sums : given a list of numbers, return the indexes of two values whose sum is a given value. (2) Revers a string list   View Answers (4)

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – got two 45mins phone interview

Interview Question – the questions were unexpected, but not hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – on campus interview. Two round.

Interview Question – Not too difficult. Some tree and array problems.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – A lot of random questions about coding, and at one point I was asked to write coding down by hand. Know your stuff, because they are very meticulous. It was a long interview -- around five hours. Even though you'll know the majority of the material off the top of your head, it's important that you show them what you're truly capable of. They are looking for the best potential worker.

Interview Question – Walk me through how Amazon Kindle books would be priced.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer from another unrelated company. Had I not, though, I would've accepted. Amazon is a great company.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewers were very nice and helpful. Questions asked included:
- How to display a certain section of a list given the page number and # of items the user wants to display
- Data Structures and BST

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Two back to back 45 min phone interview.

Interview Question – Array manipulation. Pretty easy.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Amazon sent 3 programming assignments to candidate via interviewstreet. I had to solve 3 problems within 90 mins. After passing programming screen. Candidates would meet 4 interviewers who gave programming problems. They do not review your resume, but test your coding ability. If candidates passes this onsite interviews, they will be assigned team based on their interest.

Interview Question – you and an opponent take turns choosing numbers either the first or the last element in an unsorted array , and all numbers are exhausted, winner will be the one who gets larger cumulative total sum of picked numbers. Code up the algorithm that player 1 will be the winner. Player 2 also has same strategy as player 1   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – Three questions, I was given 1.5 hours to complete the online assessment. It included the actual question (hash maps, linked lists), and why you think this method is the best way to answer the question. Also asks for a Big Oh analysis.

Interview Question – Why was the answer the most efficient   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone screen.

Interview Question – HR Questions   Answer Question