Amazon.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied within company website.
Scheduled for a phone interview.
Being asked many behavioural questions and if it's possible for relocation.
After a chat, received an email with coding question expect answer replied via email.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of 2D coordinates representing boundaries of a 2D shape and an internal point (x,y) within the 2D shape.
    Find how many internal points are there within the 2D shape.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair at University. Had one online assessment and work assessment. Got call for onsite interview. Had 4 onsite interviews which covered almost all the areas like object oriented programming, trees, graphs, arrays, behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Interview

It was recruting event. So there were a lot of people there. I had 4 interviews: 2 coding, 1 for object oriented design, 1 for system design (more or less). After that we had a lunch with 3 more candidates and 2 HRs. Questions on interviews were very common and not very diffucult.

Interview Questions

• They were asking unexpected questions about working experience. For example, tell me the case where you were above expectations. All interviewers had this type of questions   Answer Question

I have a better offer from FB. But the team in Amazon is great too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

There were supposed to be two phone screens, then an onsite interview. I only made it to the first phone screen. This was my first time interviewing, so I obviously had a lot of reviewing to do. It's really important that you verbalize your thought process, and this is where I was greatly lacking. The interviewer was friendly and was willing to discuss/walk through the problems with you.

Interview Questions

• Questions were centered around Hash Tables. Complexity, amortized analysis (how would the mechanics work with chaining/open addressing?).   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied at career fair in my college. Got a call for a 1:1 interview on campus. Was asked to implement strstr() function in C. Gave a simple O(kn) solution where k is length of sub-string and n is the length of the original string.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me because I had applied internship before. Then I got a coding challenge, including two coding questions and 25 logical questions. After one week, the recruiter notified me to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview includes four rounds, and 45 min for each. All interviewers are really nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got one phone call interview. I heard that there will be a couple of more interview calls. but that was it for me. Interview questions are easy. And atmosphere was very very good. If i could not answer the question. they gave me a hint to get some answers.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Group interview, not really hard, with 2 other candidates. Each got a part of the project to complete individually, last for a day. The first part is group discussion for an hour and interviewers will come and ask question. Then each of the candidates will assign a part of the project and do it all by ourselves. There will be 2 individual interview during afternoon, all the question is about the project you a dealing with. Nothing about your personal experience or something in the resume.

Interview Questions

• There will be 2 individual interview during afternoon, all the question is about the project you a dealing with. Nothing about your personal experience or something in the resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was all technical, i was expecting first the will talk about the company culture and all. But the questions were good . Design questions required some thinking. It was an overall good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I took the onsite interview on campus. The interview had two parts and each part was 45 minutes. At the first part, I was asked about my background, experience and interest. At the end of the first part, the engineer gave me an algorithm question. I was given two algorithm problems in the second part.

Interview Questions

• Given a maze, find the way from top-left corner to bottom-right corner.   2 Answers