Amazon.com

Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.4

725 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR for two back to back phone interviews - both talked about resume for 10 minutes and then moved on to technical questions. Be prepared to tell them about a project that you are proud of! I was asked to write code online by following a link. Coding questions were fairly straightforward. Results about the interview are released in about two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions about software design in the second phone interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2 rounds of phone interview followed by hiring decision

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

This is a phone interview. The interviewer asked me several background questions. And followed a coding problem online. Here the question is. There are two arrays saved integers. Try to find cow and bull. Bull here means the same two numbers which are at the same index in those two arrays. And cow means the same two numbers which are not at the same index.
    For instance,
    array1 = [1,4,9]
    array2 = [1,9,6]

so the bull is [1]
    and the cow is [9]

Interview Questions
    • If you can understand how the game performs, you will find answer very quickly.   View Answers (10)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online, and It took me about 2 months to get response from the recruiter.
    Unlike my previous experience, the interview question is to implement a LRU cache. I haven't practiced that before, yet the interviewer was satisfied with my codes. Another question is design problem to use OO design on parking lot.

Within a few days, I got messages to I was going to on site in the following 2 weeks.

The're 4 interviews and 1 lunch interview from 10:30 to 14:30. Most questions are straightforward, or even you can find the exact same problem in cracking the coding interview. However, the third interview is totally OO design problem. I didn't do it well, I think that's why I get rejected after about 1 week.

2 45 minutes phine screens

Software Engineer Interview

Got phone screening and then fly down Seattle.
    The process is quite unique and innovative.
    Consists a whole day programming with a laptop.

With some short 1 on 1 interviews in the meantime.
    Non of any other companies done that before.

But actually that is quite fun, give you some idea of how they actually work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Two back-to-back interview, each has 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • (1) two sums : given a list of numbers, return the indexes of two values whose sum is a given value. (2) Revers a string list   View Answers (4)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

On campus interview, 90 minutes in total.
    1. An image consists of black white pixels. Count the number of shapes made up by all black pixels. The method is DFS.
    2. Two sum problem, but the array is unsorted. The best way is to use a HashMap.
    3. Find the kth largest node in an unsorted linked list. The algorithm is called quickselect.
    4. Object - oriented design question. Design a calendar.

Interview Questions
    • Before the interview, I thought the questions should be very easy because it was only an internship interview. However, obviously I was wrong and didn't perform well in the interview. Be prepared!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

It was very professional and challenging. First round was a HR interview. Second round was a Phone interview with the Collabedit website to write programs. Interview lasted for about 3 hours. Interviewer tests your ability to come up with solutions to a program and also analyzes how our thought process is.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were on:
      1) Hashtable,Worst case complexity, Average case complexity
      2) Binary Search Tree,Worst case complexity, Average case complexity
      3) Write an efficient program to print the numbers whose sum is 10. Find the complexity.
      4) Binary Search,Worst case complexity, Average case complexity
      5) Which is the Best sort and search algorithm
      6) Design a Furniture store with Wooden Chair Wooden Table, Steel Chair Steel Table
      and test for fire and water
      7) Write a recursive program for dividing numbers without the / operator
      8) WAP to find if given graph has cycles

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

As most of the other people have stated, they have a pretty regular interview process.
    Two back to back phone interviews of around 45 mins. I was asked basic questions regarding String reverse, Card Deck, Compare Binary Trees mostly from Cracking the Coding book. Also, regarding Android Development since It was on my profile.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are regular, can be found on geekforgeeks   Answer Question