Amazon.com Software Intern Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• Read from file and find top ten most occuring words in file   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview

Had 2 interviews of 45 minutes each. Both interviewers were nice and helpful. Since I had applied through my university it was a face to face interview. First question was to find the merging point of two lists which are in a Y shape. He asked me to give a rough solution and then optimize it. Second coding question was to find the intersection of two lists.

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions

• We have text file qwith student names and their scores. One student has atleast 5 scores. File format is:
      name1 score1
      name2 score2
      name1 score3
      name1 score4
      name 3 score5
      and so on.
      Find the average of top 5 scores of each student.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

They conducted two interviews. Each were of 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary search tree and a number find the closest node to that number.   2 Answers

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Amazon.com (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for an internship at the Amazon Development Centre in London. Was sent an interesting technical test which I could complete in my own time - this was fairly simple but required some thought and I guess was also designed to test coding style etc.

After sending the code via email, they gave me an onsite interview in which we discussed the company briefly and then went straight into a whiteboarding problem involving the game Go, with a free choice of programming language (I chose Java).

I was quite nervous and this was my first experience of writing code on a whiteboard. I think they could see that I was not particularly confident in my solution (which I believe did work in the end), and that I took too long to progress.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly unexpected, the problem was around the right level, just lacked experience and confidence   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. One by a software engineer and other by manager. The engineer asked simple linked-list question. Manager interview was horrible. He wouldnt provide any hints at all. Just looked at me as if he had made up his mind not to select me. Good learning process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you faced when you were part of team...some challenge   Answer Question