Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview

Interview Question – Read from file and find top ten most occuring words in file   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews of 45 minutes each. Both interviewers were nice and helpful. Since I had applied through my university it was a face to face interview. First question was to find the merging point of two lists which are in a Y shape. He asked me to give a rough solution and then optimize it. Second coding question was to find the intersection of two lists.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews

Interview Question – We have text file qwith student names and their scores. One student has atleast 5 scores. File format is:
name1 score1
name2 score2
name1 score3
name1 score4
name 3 score5
and so on.
Find the average of top 5 scores of each student.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – They conducted two interviews. Each were of 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Given a binary search tree and a number find the closest node to that number.   View Answers (2)

London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for an internship at the Amazon Development Centre in London. Was sent an interesting technical test which I could complete in my own time - this was fairly simple but required some thought and I guess was also designed to test coding style etc.

After sending the code via email, they gave me an onsite interview in which we discussed the company briefly and then went straight into a whiteboarding problem involving the game Go, with a free choice of programming language (I chose Java).

I was quite nervous and this was my first experience of writing code on a whiteboard. I think they could see that I was not particularly confident in my solution (which I believe did work in the end), and that I took too long to progress.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly unexpected, the problem was around the right level, just lacked experience and confidence   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. One by a software engineer and other by manager. The engineer asked simple linked-list question. Manager interview was horrible. He wouldnt provide any hints at all. Just looked at me as if he had made up his mind not to select me. Good learning process.

Interview Question – Tell me something you faced when you were part of team...some challenge   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Software Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.