Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Development Engineer (850)
- Software Engineer (766)
- Area Manager (201)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (189)
- Software Development Engineer I (148)
- Software Developer (136)
- Senior Product Manager (132)
- Operations Manager (99)
- Intern (97)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (94)
- Software Development Engineer II (91)
- Senior Software Engineer (83)
- Software Development Manager (79)
- Product Manager (77)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Financial Analyst (74)
- Brand Specialist (65)
- Technical Program Manager (64)
- Warehouse Associate (64)
- Fulfillment Associate (56)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (52)
- Program Manager (52)
- Senior Financial Analyst (43)
- Business Analyst (39)
- Senior Vendor Manager (38)
- Support Engineer (35)
- Recruiter (33)
- Amazon Area Manager (33)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Customer Service Associate (32)
Software Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Amazon.com (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.
- Read from file and find top ten most occuring words in file 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.
Had 2 interviews of 45 minutes each. Both interviewers were nice and helpful. Since I had applied through my university it was a face to face interview. First question was to find the merging point of two lists which are in a Y shape. He asked me to give a rough solution and then optimize it. Second coding question was to find the intersection of two lists.
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.
Two phone interviews
- We have text file qwith student names and their scores. One student has atleast 5 scores. File format is: name1 score1 name2 score2 name1 score3 name1 score4 name 3 score5 and so on. Find the average of top 5 scores of each student. Answer Question
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.
They conducted two interviews. Each were of 45 minutes.
- Given a binary search tree and a number find the closest node to that number. 2 Answers
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
interviewed at Amazon.com (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.
Applied for an internship at the Amazon Development Centre in London. Was sent an interesting technical test which I could complete in my own time - this was fairly simple but required some thought and I guess was also designed to test coding style etc. After sending the code via email, they gave me an onsite interview in which we discussed the company briefly and then went straight into a whiteboarding problem involving the game Go, with a free choice of programming language (I chose Java). I was quite nervous and this was my first experience of writing code on a whiteboard. I think they could see that I was not particularly confident in my solution (which I believe did work in the end), and that I took too long to progress.
- Nothing particularly unexpected, the problem was around the right level, just lacked experience and confidence Answer Question
Software Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.
2 interviews. One by a software engineer and other by manager. The engineer asked simple linked-list question. Manager interview was horrible. He wouldnt provide any hints at all. Just looked at me as if he had made up his mind not to select me. Good learning process.
- Tell me something you faced when you were part of team...some challenge Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review