Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Development Engineer (851)
- Software Engineer (767)
- Area Manager (201)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (189)
- Software Development Engineer I (148)
- Software Developer (136)
- Senior Product Manager (132)
- Operations Manager (99)
- Intern (97)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (94)
- Software Development Engineer II (91)
- Senior Software Engineer (83)
- Software Development Manager (79)
- Product Manager (77)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Financial Analyst (74)
- Brand Specialist (65)
- Warehouse Associate (65)
- Technical Program Manager (64)
- Fulfillment Associate (56)
- Program Manager (52)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (52)
- Senior Financial Analyst (43)
- Business Analyst (39)
- Senior Vendor Manager (38)
- Support Engineer (35)
- Amazon Area Manager (34)
- Recruiter (33)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Customer Service Associate (32)
Summer Intern Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.
After I applied, I got an email from the recruiter to set up a interview the next week. The interview is 1.5 hours, 45 mins with each person. They talk to you and try to see how clear you are in your concepts and also check your communication skills. Prefer Java.
- First question was to compare two lists and print the common elements. Simple question, but I wasn't explaining my idea. They are looking for your thought process. Regardless if your answer is right or wrong. they are checking if you can think in the right manner. I didn't talk much or explain and just wrote the code. BIG MISTAKE! The second question I had to make a dictionary, which was not too hard. I got stuck a couple of places and they helped me out. But try to keep them engaged as you write code. Explain what your thinking or the ways you want to do it. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com
Summer Intern InterviewNo Offer
there were two phonecalls each with a gap of 15 minutes lasting 45 minutes each.
- In the first call i was asked about one coding question on matrices and about basic questions on Data structures.In the second had a coding on string mannipulation and questions related to object oriented programming Answer Question
Summer Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.
Phone interview- 2 in 45 minutes
- How to deal with hash collisions? 1 Answer
Summer Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.
two 45 minute interviews on the same day. Both relied on collaborative coding where we could both read and write code on the document (online). Technical questions were asked, mostly questions like sorting, joining two lists and deleting duplicates, etc.