Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2012.

Interview Details – one phone interview

Interview Question – if the transportation cost doubled in the next three years what you will do to decrease the total cost.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the HR person. Then was called onsite for an interview with the Sr. VP of Supply Chain, Director of Supply Chain, Sr. Manager of Supply Chain. I also had to take an onsite math test and a case study. I was asked a series of general questions as well as trick questions and riddles. Then after 3 weeks I was called onsite again for another round of interviews with 4 Sr. Managers of Supply Chain. The next day I was offered a job.

Interview Question – There were lots of math questions that I was supposed to solve orally!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't willing to relocate and I had another very good offer of my choice in a smaller company.

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Process took 3 weeks, in final interview stage now!
First interview was basically background check and CV run through.
Unexpectedly, during that first interview I was asked to talk about my CV in French since I listed it as one of the languages I can speak.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this role?   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through their web site and got telephone interview first. The JD described mixture of analytic role and vendor management, but they were more looking for analytic person than operational. Went through telephone interview first then next day they sent me a link for SHL on-line test. A couple of days later got a 1:1 interview which last 2.5 hours including excel usage test at the end. The interview process was quick and straight forward. Interview questions were straight forward and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest achievement? Please explain with some bullet points.   Answer Question
  • Tell me when you have difficulties with your team and how you cope with.   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!