Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Development Engineer (908)
- Software Engineer (782)
- Area Manager (219)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (189)
- Software Development Engineer I (168)
- Senior Product Manager (141)
- Software Developer (137)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (115)
- Operations Manager (114)
- Intern (99)
- Software Development Engineer II (98)
- Fulfillment Associate (98)
- Senior Software Engineer (88)
- Warehouse Associate (88)
- Software Development Manager (85)
- Financial Analyst (82)
- Product Manager (78)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Technical Program Manager (74)
- Brand Specialist (71)
- Program Manager (56)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (52)
- Senior Financial Analyst (48)
- Business Analyst (43)
- Amazon Area Manager (41)
- Senior Vendor Manager (40)
- Customer Service Associate (39)
- Support Engineer (37)
- Recruiter (34)
- Cloud Support Engineer (34)
Tax Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.
I had two phone calls that varied from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Then a few days later I received an email for an in-person interview. The in-person was about 6 hours. It was intense and exhausting, but there were no trick questions.
- Before my interview I had to write a memo and during one of my interviews I had to explain the technical concepts in the memo. It wasn't that it was difficult, it was just that it was unexpected. Answer Question
I was asked for my salary expectations before the in person interview. It was awkward but it's what everyone that comes to Amazon must do.
Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com
Tax Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.
Interviews can be difficult. But with proper preparation and based on Amazon leadership principles, you can nail it down.
- All our situational type so could be difficult to remember examples. Answer Question
I tried to negotiate, but they did not offer more as that was the peak.
Tax Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in January 2011.
initial phone screening with HR followed by a phone interview with hiring Mgr followed by an all day long set of interviews (F2F) with different stakeholders
- provide actual real life examples of various Amazon principles (dive deep, disagree and commit, have backbone, etc...) Answer Question
I had a higher parallel offer from another employer so I asked AMZN to increase the original offer. They offered me a 15% increase for the first 2 years (signing bonus)