Amazon.com

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Technician Interview

Tech Support Technician

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2012.

Interview Details – Questions about Linux Terminal commands, Windows AD(know what fsmo means and its roles). Know TCP inside and out. Know all about DHCP and related services. DNS came up a few times. I suggest printing out a list of ports, terminal commands, TCP definitions. Sample question: "if the CEO can't connect from his office but every other computer in the company can what do you do?" You are not allowed to go to his office to troubleshoot the problem. I ran down everything I could possibly think of and don't think I got it right. They never told me the answer. The phone interview took about an hour. I had to sit in my car at lunch with the AC running. I thought I did OK for the most part but still didn't get the job. They are looking for a full blown MS\Linux\Network engineer to fill a simple technicians job. Last I looked, the job was still open.

Interview Questions

• Sample question: "if the CEO can't connect from his office but every other computer in the company can what do you do?" You are not allowed to go to his office to troubleshoot the problem.   View Answers (2)
  • What does FSMO mean and what are it's roles?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Tech Support Technician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.